INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Sheath Leather?  (Read 409 times)

Offline Bobby Urban

• Trad Bowhunter
Sheath Leather?
« on: December 31, 2010, 08:56:00 AM »
Anyone have an overload and want to trade for arrows, knife, cash?  Or a list of your favorite places to get it?  It is coming onto knife making season for me as I like good winter projects and want to be sure to get into the swap again this year if we do that.  If this is inapropriate for this forum I appologize.  Just felt it may gain more inpute here than in the buy/sell forum.  Feel free to delete mods.

Thanks for any help - Bob Urban

Offline Cody D Works

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sheath Leather?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 10:36:00 AM »
Tandy Leather .com

Offline SourOwl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 12:30:00 PM »
Bob - Here in Wa State, we have periodic gun shows;  usually someone shows up with bundles of leather to sell.  He gets the leather from boot factories, the left-over stuff they don't use.  The sheets of leather are around 15" x 30" and bundled up into about 15 pound lots - sells them for around 20 - 30 dollars each.  Some is dyed black, brown, light tan, etc.  Why don't you see if there is a place near you where you can get some?  Cheaper'n Tandy, good leather too.    sourowl
SourOwl

Offline Bobby Urban

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 01:20:00 PM »
thanks guys - I will check ot both options.

Offline Todd Robbins

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 12:00:00 PM »
Tandy just had a sale that ended yesterday with a really good price on 9-10 oz. leather at $2.99/sq. ft.  It's usually $7.99.  I ordered a piece that'll be 12-13 sq. ft.  How much do you need?

Offline Bobby Urban

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 06:06:00 PM »
???  Just want to have some more to make a few sheaths out of.  I have a little but hate to run out and have a knife waiting for it.  3-4sq?

Offline TheBigRedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 07:00:00 PM »
I use to get leather from brettuns village trunks and leather. it was all scrap and 4 ounce in weight but some good size pieces. I think it was 10 pounds for 40 dollars. You might check them out, Churchill is a pretty nice guy.

TBRA

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©