3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: TS-1 String Material  (Read 342 times)

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
TS-1 String Material
« on: January 28, 2008, 06:09:00 PM »
I am looking for any information on TS-1 string material. I was considering ordering some to tryout. I have been using Dynaflight 97 for the last couple of years. How does TS-1 compare to Dynaflight 97? Which is better? I would like to find out some information before ordering some. Or should I just stick with Dynaflight? Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks, Bill

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: TS-1 String Material
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 06:14:00 PM »
Do a search of Pow Wow and you will find a couple of threads about the different string materials.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Lewis Brookshire III

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 06:25:00 PM »
Thats what I make my strings with. I like it better than d97, I think its quieter. At least thats what I think.
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
- Jim Elliot: Missionary/Martyr.

Offline hawk22

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 06:45:00 PM »
I like the TS-1 pretty well.  It's feels a little softer than the d97 and seems to be quieter.

Offline JSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 07:51:00 PM »
I make strings with TS-1 and also think it's quieter than D97.

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 10:19:00 PM »
Is TS-PLUS a new verson of TS-1? I was just wondering. 3 Rivers lists it as TS-1, but Kustom King calls it TS-PLUS. Or are they 2 different string materials???

Bill

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 10:32:00 PM »
Same stuff different name according to Brownell.
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline Rod Jenkins

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 10:52:00 PM »
The orignal TS-1 was Spectra fiber based, but in 2004 Honeywell Industries, choose to alot only 10% of Spectra fiber to uses other than miltary, and the bulk of that 10% went to sport fishing....Brownell changed production to Dyneema fiber and changed the name to TS-1+ and later shortened the name to TSPLUS.

BTW the orignal TS-1 and the newer TS-1+ TSPlus have differnent creep rates and shouldn't be mixed.

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 11:12:00 PM »
what is the goal of the string? is it based in its circumference? is that based on wind resistance or what? Or is it based on weight; or strength; or durablility; or what?

I am not sure...ahem... what we are shooting for in this subject???  :confused:
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline Jacko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 05:16:00 AM »
I'm not sold on TS1 [ bought a single spool late 07 so I assume its the newer version ]. I have made several strings out of it for my RER static recurve and had to step up to a 18 strand string to smooth the bow out and quiten it down , brace height etc is spot on . Perhaps its how I made them as my results contradict the other comments here . regards Jacko
"To my deep mortification my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat- catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.'"

-Charles Darwin

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 07:50:00 AM »
Brian,
I am trying to find out how the TS-1 will compare to what I am currently using. Things like: Will my bow be louder? Which material seems to be quickier? How much stretch should I expect from this string? How durable is it? I hope this helps. Would like to find out some info on this material before I spend $66.00 on 2 spools of it.

I will always sacriface a couple feet/second for a quieter bow!!!

Bill

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 10:05:00 AM »
Asking which string material is best is like asking which bow is best--depends on who you ask, individual experiences, etc. etc. etc.

The only way to know for sure what string will work better on your bow is to try it and tinker--how the string is made, how many strands are in it, etc. etc. etc. will all make a difference.  Not much difference on some bows, a lot on others.

My best experience has been with Dynaflight '97 and 8125, but I haven't tried TS.

Chad

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 07:16:00 PM »
ttt

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 09:01:00 PM »
On *my* bows I prefer TS-1Plus over D97 or the other low-stretch materials I've tried.  It feels softer on the shot, is quieter on my longbows, wears like iron, and I can brace my selfbows low and not get the annoying wrist slap.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline outdooru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 06:30:00 PM »
The only problem I'm have with TS+ is it has a tremendous amount of stretch with lower stand strings. I have built a 6 strand string that has needed about 2 twists everyday to bring it back up to brace. Very annoying material with low strand strings.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid-in-sideways, totally worn out, shouting, Holy #@%*, What a ride!

Offline STICKDP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 09:08:00 PM »
IMO ts1+ is not as durable as d97-- have made strings from both and I like d97 better.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©