3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: McKenzie Tuff Buck Target  (Read 259 times)

Offline Keuka

• Trad Bowhunter
McKenzie Tuff Buck Target
« on: January 28, 2008, 08:45:00 PM »
Anyone that owns one, how do they hold up if you shoot only field points? Say 50 hits a day at 5 days a week; how many weeks before it's shot out?

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: McKenzie Tuff Buck Target
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 10:06:00 PM »
Which one is this?  Is it the medium size buck with the rectangular layered insert?  Looks like this?

Mine has taken a fair number of shots over three seasons maybe and is still doing alright, including some broadhead shots just before hunting season softening it up.  At 250 shots a week, you might get a year out of it.  The majority of my shots go in a cheap $18 bag target, then take random shots at the javelina and deer target as the mood strikes me.

Offline Blackhawk7204

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 10:11:00 PM »
I had one of mckezie's so called tuff bucks, shot completely through it in 1 week shooting maybe an hour a day with a recurve. Spend the extra money and get a regular mckenzie, shot one of those for over a year.

Offline Doug in MI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 11:17:00 PM »
For the money I would spend a little extra and get the Rinehart broadhead buck or treestand deer.It will out last a McKinzie 3-4 times.
Team Hoots
Lil Hoot 55#@27
Black Widow SAIII 55#@27

Offline Jager

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 11:28:00 PM »
I cant reccomend Rinehart targets enough. I have a Mckenzie and it held up but I thought it was terribly hard to pull arrows out of and Ive never experianced that with rineharts.

Offline Dirty Bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 12:46:00 AM »
A Mckenzie would last me about 2-3 months before the kill zone was completely shot out.

Offline Curtis Haden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 01:25:00 AM »
No real experience with the McKenzie, other than just looking at them at Bass Pro, but the foam outside the kill zone seemed very hard (and assuming hard to pull arrows from).  I recently bought a Glendel Buck with the layered insert, and it seems to be holding up well.  Misses (outside the insert) are a little harder to pull, but not bad at all.  The Glendel is $140-$160 depending on sales.
Rose Oak Ace 41@28
Super Shrew Gold 42@28
Black Widow PCH-X 40@28
Toelke Pika 43@28
_ _ _

A subtle play on words is better than a poke in the eye.

Offline Bowferd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 03:46:00 AM »
I've done tuned my bows to field tips and now need to work with broadheads. From 20 to 30 yards in the alley out back, what would you spend your money on. I've got 26 acres up NW but can not get up there 7 days a week to practice my bow skills. Hay bails with a paper plate work just fine up North, but the neighbors are gettin a bit itchy when they see me out back dressed up in my dungarees! Cops have been driving by on a regular basis lately and I'm not sure whether it is because of all the illegals in the area or the damned Irishman out back!  

I think I just found that hole I dug earlier.
Been There, Done That, Still Plowin.
Cane and Magnolia tend to make good arrow.
Hike naked in the backwoods.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©