3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shooting From The Tree Saddle  (Read 359 times)

Offline BD

• Trad Bowhunter
Shooting From The Tree Saddle
« on: January 28, 2008, 09:59:00 PM »
Got my tree saddle and have only been able to practice once so far (cold weather). It is easy to shoot to the left and swing all the way behind for a shot, but how do you shoot to the front and the right? Do you "walk" around the tree so that your shot is basically always to the left or rear or am I missing something?

Thank you
BD

Offline Three Arrows

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shooting From The Tree Saddle
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 05:14:00 AM »
Yes BD, you "walk" around the tree.  Think of it as hiding behind the tree and popping out to take a shot.

Offline Pete Darby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 08:04:00 AM »
I also walk around the tree.
Pete Darby

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 03:33:00 PM »
I discontinued use of mine and got the sneaky sak advertised in TBM. you face away from the tree and 1/2 the cost. no website, just leave them a message. you can easily use these with trad equip. I had a heck of a time w/ tree saddle.

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 04:41:00 PM »
My serious hunting friends are sold on the saddle. Safety, comfort, and maneuvering are unsurpassed in their minds. I have been told that you will need to work it out a few times for practice at home.  Once you get it though- it is the ticket.  One of the keys is placing tree steps completely around the trunk so you can maneuver without ever looking down.
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©