INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Officially an Apprentice  (Read 709 times)

Offline kbaknife

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Officially an Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2011, 07:48:00 PM »
Be aware there is no specific "waiver" to cover your time delinquency.
If there was to be some consideration in your favor, what you might do is contact the current "NEW" chairman, Jim Batson, and beg for a little leeway.
But I would NOT waste any time!!! I would NOT wait until test time - get it on the books now.
I had a little "glitch" on my membership as well, even though I waited four years to test, but I took the issue straight to the then-Chairman, Greg Neely in 2007, at the Blade Show and got it in writing a year in advance.
When the last deer disappears into the morning mist,
When the last elk vanishes from the hills,
When the last buffalo falls on the plains,
I will hunt mice for I am a hunter and I must have my freedom.
Chief Joseph

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2011, 08:17:00 PM »
Congrats Lowell & Jeremy. Theres a master smith about halfway between you guys, in Walla Walla WA. Very nice guy and has always been very helpfull.

Offline gudspelr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2011, 09:20:00 PM »
Karl-
Just got another email and was told there was no guaranteed waiver and its up to the Chairman.  She said with similar short time frames, the waivers have been granted in the past but I think I like your plan of contacting the Chairman now to get something concrete.  Would definitely make for a bad day to have done all the prep and be ready just to find out at the last minute I couldn't test.  Being so new to the association, is there a "proper" way to contact the Chairman?  Don't feel like stepping on toes unnecessarily...

Jeremy
"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."
- William Morris

Craftsmen strive to make their products both.

Offline jpsowers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2011, 09:44:00 PM »
Thanks, you inspired me. I have been to one hammer in and had been considering joining so I did too - last night.
-Jim

Offline kbaknife

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2011, 09:50:00 PM »
You wouldn't find out "at the last minute" anyway, you need to inform the board well in advance of testing with proof of membership, performance test completion, etc. along with your intent.
Go to the ABS website and look under "Bladesmiths" on the home page. Go to Mastersmiths and Jim Batson's email and phone number are right there.
Learn about that web site.
If you have questions and such about you new gig as an ABS Apprentice, post them there, not here.
When the last deer disappears into the morning mist,
When the last elk vanishes from the hills,
When the last buffalo falls on the plains,
I will hunt mice for I am a hunter and I must have my freedom.
Chief Joseph

Offline gudspelr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2011, 10:16:00 PM »
Will do-thanks.

Jeremy
"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."
- William Morris

Craftsmen strive to make their products both.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©