INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Table Saw Blades  (Read 327 times)

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
Table Saw Blades
« on: June 22, 2011, 08:08:00 PM »
Sorry if this is a really uniformed basic question...  

Years ago, in the early days of muzzle loading,(when it was about shooting and not when your buttons were made) I used to "make" knives to go with the rifles I built, which meant putting handles on blades.  It was a simple something that was fun to do.   About a year ago I got the wild hair to try some stock removal knife making and got a big Grizzly knife grinder, but it sort of never happened... too busy making bows.   Anyway, the knife grinder moved on.

Along the way, I've been pitching my used 10" table saw blades into a corner and got to cleaning and find I have five of them.   Are these of any use/interest to you knife maker guys?   If so, I'd be happy to mail them off.  If a blade ready for handles found it's way back to me to play with, that'd be cool, but not necessary.  I just don't want to throw them away if someone would want them.
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline mater

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Table Saw Blades
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 09:27:00 PM »
Are they carbide tipped or steel?

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 10:20:00 PM »
Checked...  Five appear to be steel... no tips
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline L. Harris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 03:26:00 AM »
Nice gesture!
Traditional Bowhunting: Cunning and stealth, not gadgets and gizmos!

Offline jonathan creason

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 09:29:00 AM »
If nobody else has spoken for them I could use a couple.  Don't need them all, though and don't want to hoard them up.  I would be happy to send a blade back your way.

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 11:26:00 AM »
Thanks, guys.   I think all five are spoken for.   I'm just waiting on addresses.
Dick in Seattle

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©