INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: solid Jade Knife by Trinity knives A looker!!!  (Read 420 times)

Offline 75diagg

• Trad Bowhunter
solid Jade Knife by Trinity knives A looker!!!
« on: June 29, 2011, 12:11:00 PM »

This is a Fancy version of what the Maoris and Guatamalans used for cuttin tools,Hammers,shovels, arrow heads,spear tips.
The Blade is 7in. of solid Jade. The bolster is over 9oz of sterling silver. The handle is 4.5 inch of Jade. The pommel is about 4oz of silver and the end is a stone called Amazonite. The knife sits on the left over Jade rock that it was cut from. The blade has a hidden tang going into the handle about 2.5 inches. There are gemstones set in the bolster. The Jade is Nephrite Jade from Calif taken out of the EEl river not far from where I think the world record bow killed Black Bear was taken. Last time I looked at records anyway. This piece took about 4 months to complete. Jade is the toughest stone there is and makes super knife handles.
Please look at the other knives I have listed.
I have many knives for sale and sheaths can be made for any knife you may have.  And my sheaths are as good as you can get.....special tooling of just about anything one would want.
I can list about 30 knives at this time and would like to sell what I have made.
This was made to be in a article in Rock and Gem magazine.
several of my favorite hunters are listed in this forum and havent been looked at.
I make knives to be used! And used hard! All of my knives have been tested on critter after critter. Terry Green just got my Denali Hunter and I cant wait for him to get some blood on it!
And Legends Bows  Mike Rash has already got use out of his. And his is listed in this forum,with the record book Elk he used that knife on. One beautiful piece of Zebrawood,,,,By the way the wood on handle came from the bow he made to kill that Elk.
Being a jeweler for over 40 plus years I can do file work engraveing and the works,,get real fancy....And I love it..But for a workin knife, I want a low  mantinence blade that wont rust and wont clog up with blood and guts. And if I forget to wipe it down and it sits in the leather for a year? I dont want to pull out a big suprise.
A couple are listed in the sponsor classifieds with prices.

Again to see bigger pic click on the little pic.

Offline Rusty Snuffers

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: solid Jade Knife by Trinity knives A looker!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 12:24:00 PM »
Crazy cool!     :clapper:
Black Widow PSA V 48# @27"
Samick Deermaster T/D 50# @28"
Dale Dye Good Medicine 50# @27"
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."  JRR Tolkien

Offline 75diagg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 06:58:00 PM »
coming up will be some dinosaur bone handle knives... Bones that got petrified into mother nature rock...Real purty stuff. And most of these are for Sale and will be listed in classifieds

Offline gudspelr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 07:50:00 PM »
You might think about making that knife a little fancier.....   ;)   Wow-pretty impressive piece.  Thanks for posting the pics.

Jeremy
"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."
- William Morris

Craftsmen strive to make their products both.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©