INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Bone handle Legends knife horizontal sheath  (Read 708 times)

Offline 75diagg

• Trad Bowhunter
Bone handle Legends knife horizontal sheath
« on: July 01, 2011, 11:24:00 AM »

This is a Bone handle, mosaic pins.....same design as the beautiful Zebrawood knife I made for Mike Rash,,also listed in this forum.
440C   Heavy 3.5 inch cutting edge.
Click pics for bigger pic

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bone handle Legends knife horizontal sheath
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 12:20:00 PM »
Great looking knife. Did you do the detail work on th efinger guard yourself or did you buy that component somewhere. looks fantastic.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline 75diagg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 12:41:00 PM »
I have the ability to etch many styles. I have another listed with NO etch and a bit of Ball burr work....Have a bunch of knives listed in this forum and some havent even had a reply...Look at the one I did for Mike Rash/ Legends Bows. Wait till I finish his wife Debbies Rhodonite Gemstone handle knife..Have to list a couple of them....Knives are my fun and they are for sale!! and I have my fulltime work....not retired..My sister makes the leather so its in the family. I put together the knives. I can make sheaths also,,But why? When she and hubby make as far as I'm concerned about as good as one can do!!!!!!! As far as making blades from scratch YES! I can....But have 3 friends that build as good as you can get and we work together to build knives that are for workin people that will do what they want! Knives for the workin man or LADY. Have a couple listed in the sponsor classified....I'm new at this knife selling stuff....In our archery shop we have all the name brands knives etc and my little blades out do most of them....I make D2,,S30V, CPM154.
But 440C is about the same as ATS34 and CPM154 in performance.

Offline Rusty Snuffers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 02:14:00 PM »
Beautiful work on knife and sheath.  I'm hoping to find a pattern to make a horizontal sheath for the knife I just finished.

Good stuff.   :thumbsup:
Black Widow PSA V 48# @27"
Samick Deermaster T/D 50# @28"
Dale Dye Good Medicine 50# @27"
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."  JRR Tolkien

Offline kbaknife

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 02:57:00 PM »
Originally posted by Rusty Snuffers:
Beautiful work on knife and sheath.  I'm hoping to find a pattern to make a horizontal sheath for the knife I just finished.

Good stuff.    :thumbsup:  
Your knife is the pattern.
When the last deer disappears into the morning mist,
When the last elk vanishes from the hills,
When the last buffalo falls on the plains,
I will hunt mice for I am a hunter and I must have my freedom.
Chief Joseph

Offline kbaknife

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 02:58:00 PM »
That's a really good looking knife - I like the proportions.
When the last deer disappears into the morning mist,
When the last elk vanishes from the hills,
When the last buffalo falls on the plains,
I will hunt mice for I am a hunter and I must have my freedom.
Chief Joseph

Offline Rusty Snuffers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 06:47:00 PM »
Re: knife as pattern:

I see what you mean regarding the shape of the sheath.  I've just never attempted to make one.  I read a build-along on one of the other pages and I hope I'll figure it out once I have the leather in my hands.   I just have to figure out how to attach the belt loop so that it's nice and secure when mounted horizontally.

Rusty
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."  JRR Tolkien

Offline 75diagg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 09:54:00 PM »
Bet I have a sheath made for your knife...already done. If not can do..Have about 40 knives and sheaths to sell. Its not the leather,,,,its the tools,dyes,finishes.

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 05:23:00 AM »
mike - did you make the blade itself, or just the handle?

your blade looks a LOT like this one, which was made by another trad gang member ...

IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline 75diagg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 10:12:00 AM »
We do not fabricate from scratch this blade. These blades are what they are, awesome tempered and heat treated better than most any. My handles and Knife pins I do make. And we make our leather. Made from the best components and put together for the working man or lady..Whoever made this knife in pic also made a damn nice knife. Whoever is using it knows they have a winner.

Offline skullworks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 11:45:00 AM »
Nothing wrong with buying blanks or having them made. This is how all mine are done but I do make this clear when I sell them. Keep up the good work!
'cuz deer huntin' ain't catch & release!

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 02:41:00 PM »
maybe one should state that a knife is made from a blank? Someone might buy one and not know its a blank and not be very happy to find that out?<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline skullworks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 10:51:00 PM »
Originally posted by sticshooter:
maybe one should state that a knife is made from a blank? Someone might buy one and not know its a blank and not be very happy to find that out?<><
That is why I make that clear when I sell knives...The card I send with my knives states that.
'cuz deer huntin' ain't catch & release!

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2011, 11:02:00 PM »
and thats why you da man.<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline Bodork

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2011, 12:37:00 AM »
And your knives are always awesome Clarence!!

Offline Bodork

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2011, 12:37:00 AM »

Offline 75diagg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011, 03:19:00 AM »
Im so happy this knife got so much attention.And it got sold Thank you all!!!!!!!But the knives I put together which I like the most got zip for attention....And the thing is all the knives I have in this forum I believe are already sold and gone...some over a year ago. I posted pics to see what would happen. And I have never had one complaint yet on any of my knives...That onyx handle Bulldog was a present for a friends son last Christmas...He's about 35...She said he stared at that knife all day. She knew exactly how that knife was made...And she picked the gemstone 10lb rough the handles were cut from.not plastic or plastic injected smashed rock dust most of the knife handles are made from and labeled some gemstone... and she picked the zebrawood,purple heart,and cherry used in her caper,that cut into pieces laminated and then made up the finished blade,that we tagged as her trout knife...That wood only had 22 coats of hand rubbed Tru oil on it. That only took about 3 weeks or so to finish. Then my sister made several sheaths for her to choose from.
Gee 40yrs in my business and usually before any sale there is talk between the client.  And in the first response post I said I put the knives together.
If my blades that are made from stock metal one can be sure they will be priced accordingly and designs will be drawn and picked and a deposit will be made.None of these knives even had any priceing on them.My sisters sheaths are excellent. I am very serious about quality.

Terry Green loved his knife also!

Offline Rusty Snuffers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 11:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by 75diagg:
Bet I have a sheath made for your knife...already done. If not can do..Have about 40 knives and sheaths to sell. Its not the leather,,,,its the tools,dyes,finishes.
Thanks for the offer.  I really want to finish the project myself.  I can't wait to use the knife to clean the first deer in the fall and I'd love to be able to say "Yea, I made the handle AND the sheath".

Offline 75diagg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2011, 01:33:00 AM »
look on ehow.com and it has sheath making.
how to make a leather knife sheath.
Your knife is your pattern.like it was already said. use barge cement or e6000 for that center welt.a iddy biddy drill works better that a hole punch for the stitch holes..markem with a real small finishing nail and drill...and what a HUGH Thrill     your first knife and the deer it was used first on. NO reason it cant get practice on a few Varmints???? Good luck

Offline fedora

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2011, 05:17:00 PM »
I just sold a blank just like that one I bought off Jans called a cowboy hunter.  They sell them without the handle for you to finish.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©