INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Trinity Hunter  (Read 308 times)

Offline 75diagg

• Trad Bowhunter
Trinity Hunter
« on: July 13, 2011, 12:28:00 PM »

Another fine 440C Hunter  YES THIS IS FROM A BLANK that has been tested on animal after animal. These are American steel. And a favorite of the US Military. My son who just got out of Navy and my son just out of the Army had their knives overseas and in 4yrs time so did their buddies. NOT a Pakistan junk steel. These knives do not rust period. Will hold a edge longer than straight carbon steel. Low maintenance if any at all.
3.5 inch cutting edge.
This sheath is what I call horizontal wear. These can also be worn on the belt of a shoulder quiver up and down.
My knives I create are a family affair. I do the handles.pins and metal finishing. another makes the sheaths. She is disabled and can whip up sheaths better than I. Also I have a couple close friends that have been making and I say making blades for 35 and 40yrs.A new plasma steel cutter was just aquired,so new blade shapes will be cut in the future. I do sharpen knives for many of the hunters out here. The more polished the edge the longer it will keep. Like a Gillette razor. The rough burrs are why knives dull fast.
Have never sold anything without first talking to the buyer. Mainly because...One they want a certain handle material,,,certain tooling style on the leather.So there has never been a issue of disclosar on how these knives come about.I like to create something speacial for the client..These knives were atarted because my hunting friends wanted something differant. I did many years of research on knife steels pro's and con's. The old wives tail of stainless VS carbon blades is just that. The new stainless steels are superior in every way to the old school carbon steels. The Old Ginsu junk and cheap stainless steels that flooded the planet back in the day are gone. The new stainless steels and plain carbon are like comparing a Wright Bros plane to a Lear Jet in performance.
Back in the day I made knives out of files,leaf springs and hack saw blades. Dunked them in oil,even tried quick freezin with a fire extinguisher LOL,heated the metal in a kiln,softened the metal and cut the blades out with a diamond band saw..and then heated them back up as directed.pounded the metal on a converted train track and a big anvil we had in the barn, and spent days shapeing the things. That was about 40 plus years ago.
I started what I named Trinity custom knives about 2 years ago..Many of my friends told me to list these things on TradGang. Thats after going to many Trad shoots. Also having a very good friend who urged me. One that is a sponsor on TradGang...Who makes one heck of a fine bow..About as good as one can get..Although I rib him about my JACK HOWARD GAMEMASTER. LOL
And I am very grateful to Terry Green for his help...There are some very fine good OLE BOYS on Trad. Also some very excellent knife makers and craftsmen.
Thank you for looking at my creations.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH GOD!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©