3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fred's Stone Sheep Hunt  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fred's Stone Sheep Hunt
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 07:57:00 PM »
The show was a good one! Fred is a great guy to talk with. I had a chance at the K-zoo Expo to chat for a few minutes.
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 11:20:00 PM »

Offline mmgrode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 11:29:00 PM »
Whoa...lighten up there Steve O!
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."  Aristotle

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 11:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by Steve O:

I've hunted 15 of the NA species so far, and I'm betting if I gave all you jealous folks a million bucks you couldn't do what Fred did    "[dntthnk]"   .
Steve o, I'm willing to try, just pm me and I'll give you my routing number to my bank account so you can wire the funds, so I can get started right away.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2008, 07:11:00 AM »

Offline doeboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2008, 07:46:00 AM »
mmgrode summed it up just right, relax? i wasn't taking anything away fromt he guy, just asked where he got his funds? Didn't know his background till i read about him last night in the UBNJ magazine i got int he mail. i do realize you can swap hunts, but it still takes time away from your home life and his buisness as a guide.

Biggie Hoffman, your right i could do it if i wanted, but my priorities are different i guess. i have to work hard to support my family and my job only allows 3 weeks vacation a year. Like a normal guy?

"I'm never going to have the time or money to hunt all the places and things in North America, much less Africa, but I am going to try to see as much as possible and I am happy we live in a place where if it is possible, it can happen."

Steve O, i guess were in the same boat?

Offline GrnMtnTradNut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2008, 08:02:00 AM »
Hey my hats off to the man, he did it I did not and probaly will not but I can dream and do what I can with what I have. I just want to know if he will ever release a DVD with all the 28 hunts? That would be one to have.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2008, 08:17:00 AM »
I should have read more carefully and am lightening up as we speak   :campfire:

Offline Lechwe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2008, 08:32:00 AM »
You're out of town and stuck in a hotel somewhere aren't you Steve? Insomnia sucks doesn't it?  :coffee:

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2008, 10:10:00 AM »
If anyone does a search of past threads on Grand Slams or Super Slams you might see why Steve was quick to go into the defence mode.

In the past I have seen some of these threads get ugly fast.
Jack Shanks

Offline JustABowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2008, 10:11:00 AM »
Friend told me about this post and I just had to reply.Thanks for the comments.For those curious I started life in a trailer park with loving parents and a dad that was a green beret.So no trust fund.I managed my goal by working multiple jobs,and staying single till I was 31.I also lived in cheap rentals with roommates so I could spend all my money on hunting.It took me 20 years to accomplish my goal at an average of around 6000. a year. there are a lot of kids that email me and that read these posts so I dont want Steve to cause any of them to feel they cant accmplish any goal they set for themselves.Fred Eichler

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2008, 10:28:00 AM »
Fred, with all due respect I don't think Steve was trying to say that at all. More to the fact of what hard work and dedication can accomplish.
Jack Shanks

Offline JustABowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2008, 10:51:00 AM »
Sorry Steve,I used your name incorrectly. Thats what I get for not reading everything.I get a kneejerk reaction sometimes and go off before I hit fulldraw. My message was ok I just put your name in accidently.Fred

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2008, 10:54:00 AM »
Fred, I know I can't do most of the hunts You did the ones I have seen on DVD or TV, Health reasons stop me from that... It is great to see someone like You & others do TV & DVD with trad gear. Some hunts make me feel like I was there. Yes I know I wasn't really there, but my hunters Soul & Heart can dream it... I thank You for that... One day I hope I can really get the chance to meet & sit down and just talk about hunting... I have seen you take my Top 5 Game Animals ( Kudu, Grizzy, Black Bear, Elk, Bison). Please keep up the great work... I can't wait till you bring out Traditional Harvest V.

Offline JustABowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2008, 11:00:00 AM »
Trad 5 is done.And we are planning on releasing a dvd next year with all 28 species.Thanks for your comments.I hope you enjoy this years shows.I take off in a few weeks to take my boys to Georgia after hogs I am as excited about that as any trip I have been on.Fred

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2008, 11:00:00 AM »
Keep up the good work Fred. There are alot of us here who view you and your accomplishments as far more than just an ordinary man. You make all those hunts seam real and make us all feel as if we are there. I as well as many others I'm sure have been intrigued by you and your hunts. Again keep up the good work. I hope I get a chance to meet you next week at the UBNJ dinner. Jason B. "skippy"
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2008, 11:01:00 AM »
My posts were intended to point out taking the NA28 is an incredible accomplishment, full of wonderful experiences.

I tried to illustrate that having a ton of money is not very high on the list of what it takes to accomplish that.  Those illustrations came out poorly.

I am very happy for Fred Eichler and Rick Duggan and understand how hard they worked to acheive that goal.  There is no way I would try to discourage anyone from trying to do the same thing, knowing the wonderful experiences they would have and the beauty they would see.  

I am all for the dream and against people running down those who have made it their reality.  Just a bit sensitive 'cause I still have some dreams...

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2008, 11:15:00 AM »
I guess we were all posting at the same time!

Offline Lookinforlunkers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2008, 12:55:00 PM »
Thanx for posting Fred, I only wish it would have been for different reasons.  My hats off to you for a great accomplishment and giving an ordinary guy like my self something to aspire to.
Life is about the journey, not the destination

Offline Mrs Stickman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2008, 01:25:00 PM »
Fred,
My father is one of my heroes.  I look up to him and listen closely to every fact and story he tells about wildlife, hunting and shooting.  He's been doing it for his whole life and is pretty darn good at it.  He has yet to achieve what you have in regard to the NA28 but folks like you and him, who share your hunts with us, are the best kind of men.  Thanks for passing it on.
"Brown dogs make the best BOWCHERY dogs"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©