3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Most popular bow quivers?  (Read 751 times)

Offline huntsmanlance

• Trad Bowhunter
Most popular bow quivers?
« on: January 30, 2008, 01:30:00 PM »
I am wondering what brand of quivers most people use for their bows. There are so many out there to choose from. Which of the slip / clamp on ones? and for bows with the bolt on styles do the quivers fit most bows or are they specific for that brand of bow?

Thanks!
Lance
St. Huberts Rangers
Mudd's Merry Men

Offline chesapeakeblend

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Most popular bow quivers?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 01:35:00 PM »
I picked up one of the Eagles Flight quivers last month and think it is just plan beautiful and well made.  You will be amazed how small it is, yet holds 4 arrows. I purchased the Cherokee model.

I have a Selway one, that I now think is just too bulky and ugly for a traditional bow.  I will be buying another Eagles Flight for sure.
Mike Norton

A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph, or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal.    -Aldo Leopold

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 01:44:00 PM »
I have always liked the Selway slip-on quivers.

Get some hot soapy water,Soap up the limbs,Slide the quiver into place,Clean the limbs with a wet paper towel and hang horizontal to "dry" overnite.

The next morning it will be practicaly "glued-on" and will not move or vibrate loose.

I give them.....    :thumbsup:      :thumbsup:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline just a bit outside

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 01:56:00 PM »
I use one of the Eagles Flight Mini-max 4-arrow quivers myself on my TD Souther Draw Longbow and it rocks. It's light, it holds plenty of arrows and I can take it off really easy and throw it on another bow. The craftsmanship is great and it is pretty too (mine has some leather work of an eagle on it).

I also have a Zipper Quiver that I bought to match the bow but that really doesn't count. I like the Thunderhorn BOAs a lot but they are a little bulky.

If you want light yet sturdy and simple, go with the Eagles Flight. 3RiversArcher sells them for $55 I think. They have a 3-arrow model too.

Greg
We should have shotguns for this kind of deal.

Jeff Carter Southern Draw 64" Hybrid LB 43@28/48@28
Zipper SXT Recurve/LB 58" 47@27

Offline BRITTMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 02:52:00 PM »
Eagles flight for me also , he also makes a bow bolt model thats not showing on his site . I have both the bow bolt model ( on my take down recurve ) and strap on model (on my one peice longbow ).

mike
" Live long and prosper "

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 03:48:00 PM »
I've used Selways for years.  Very sturdy and I like the way the lower bracket positions the arrows more parallel to the lower limb rather than protruding in front of it.  Would like an even smaller quiver though.  If the lower bracket on an EF was like the Selway's, I'd buy one, probablymore.

Offline bowmofo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 03:59:00 PM »
I don't like anything on my bow, I like to use a Hip Quiver I tried a few years ago and never got used to them they were noisy,and seemed like it added more movement for for game to notice, My opinion ~MIKE~   :archer:
KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 10:03:00 PM »
I've been using the Great Northerns for many years now and have been very pleased with them.  I recently picked up a slightly used Kanati and it seems pretty nice, too.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 10:13:00 PM »
I cant get no satisfaction!!!! Might try a Eagles Flight...........z  :)
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline C.W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 10:25:00 PM »
I've used Great Northern for a few years now. It is a good durable quiver.Matter a fact I just order another one for a new Black Widow I'm having built.

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 10:34:00 PM »
I like the German Ridge quiver.  Pops on and off easily, but is very stable.
Burnsie
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline TheArc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 10:54:00 PM »
Great Northern Strap on adjustable for my 1pc and shawnees, Great Northern Quick release for my other 3 pc bows. Great workmanship.
"And Moab, he lay us upon the band of the Canaanites, and yea, though the Hindus speak of karma, I implore you: give her a break." Rev. Clark Griswold

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 11:07:00 PM »
Originally posted by Fletcher:
I've been using the Great Northerns for many years now and have been very pleased with them.  I recently picked up a slightly used Kanati and it seems pretty nice, too.
I'm pretty much in that same boat too. I started using Great Northern quivers in 2001 and have had nothing but good things to say about them. A month or so ago I picked up a Kanati and really like it a lot too.

I also use a Skookum Dual Stalker from time to time.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 12:09:00 AM »
Quiver ?   You mean...you need more than one arrow ?
  :biglaugh:  
ChuckC

Offline mountaindog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 12:12:00 AM »
i use one of the selway slide-on quivers....  :thumbsup:
>>>>---LIFE IS A KNIFE---->   (X)

mike

Offline B M A

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 12:23:00 AM »
Thunderhorn have been my choice......

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 12:56:00 AM »
Lance the strap ons are pretty versatile.I use great northern adjustable but have had thunderhorns as well which are great looking quivers.The great northern adjustable will fit the 1 piece bows and also alot of 3 pc bows.The rubber straps are long and will fit around the fadeouts of 3 pc Tds or the top of the riser.I also use a GN limb bolt model.Thier alot of other good ones like eagles flight and Kanati.

The quivers are not brand specific.So they fit other bow makes as well.The great Northern adjustable is a great all around choice for most bows IMO.i got a Thunderhorn Sidewinder on a longbow I just bought.It fits in bushings on the side of riser.Thier certainly are alot of styles to choose from from limb bolt models.,to strap ons,to slide ons and ones that fit bushings in the riser and spring arm styles as well.

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 05:34:00 AM »
My favorites are the Kanati and Great Northern and I've owned and used most of them.
N/A

Offline doctari

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2008, 07:37:00 AM »
I have Three Great Northern quivers, and a Kanati. No problems with the Great Northern. The Kanti is a nice quiver too, the only complaint about it is the foam insert wears out to fast. The arrows where starting to fall out of the quiver. It was used only a couple months, I bought a new insert and plan to modify it by glueing a piece of rubber bicycle tubing over the top of the foam insert. I think this will keep the arrows from wanting to back out of the foam. Has anyone that has a kanati quiver have this problem with the arrows wanting to back out of the foam insert?
"So long as the new moon returns in heavan a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold the hearts of men."   Maurice Thompson The Witchery of Archery

Offline MRD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2008, 09:03:00 AM »
The Great northern is a very well made, solid quiver.  It holds the arrows securely, and is easy to take on and off.  It also will not move on the bow.

I also have an EFA quiver, and it's great for one-piece longbows.  You harddly know it's there.  Not as easy to take on and off because you have to take the arrows out and slide the quiver parts onto the limbs.  Otherwise the shot vibration loosens the quiver.  They are very nice though.  The foam isn't that great, and seems to wear out rather quickly.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©