INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Turned a few grunt calls  (Read 466 times)

Offline J. Holden

• Trad Bowhunter
Turned a few grunt calls
« on: October 30, 2012, 08:37:00 PM »
Well, I'm not sure if this is the correct spot or if it's legal.  If not please feel free to delete.

I had a left over piece of osage from my first working osage long bow.  It's been sitting around for awhile and I finally went to my father-in-laws house.  He's got the time (retired), tools, and willingness to teach.  So, without further ado:

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt213/Lzfd58/Game%20Calls/GruntCalls001.jpg

The next call is going to be a gift for my cousin.  My son and I are meeting up with him in a few days to hunt some pheasants in Nebraska.  Hope he likes it:

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt213/Lzfd58/Game%20Calls/GruntCalls002.jpg

I'm no duck commander but I sure had fun turning these.  Thanks for looking...

-Jeremy   :coffee:

Can't figure the new photobucket out, ugh.
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Offline JMSmithy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Turned a few grunt calls
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 09:19:00 PM »
I don't know from photobucket but  if you decide to post a few to sell feel free to pm!!

:thumbsup:
" If you don't stand for something, you stand for nothing " - Me
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life Member UBNJ, NRA, SCI, TU, NAHC, SCI Chapter No American Handgun  Hunter Chapter, RGS

Offline J. Holden

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Turned a few grunt calls
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 09:45:00 PM »
Thanks Mr. Smithy,

It's funny because one of my first thoughts yesterday while turning these was, if I didn't work a full time and two part time jobs, this could be something I could see myself doing.

Thanks again for the compliment.  Now I just need to put one to good use and see if they work in the "real" world.

-Jeremy  :coffee:
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©