INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: old school open carry...  (Read 544 times)

Offline wandering monk

• Trad Bowhunter
old school open carry...
« on: September 24, 2013, 08:36:00 AM »
here is a knife I love to just have around...I think after watching western theme movies all my life and living where they were made must have a part of it...I have a great respect and admiration for Native American values and gear too...and for me I enjoy carrying and using gear like this myself...

this is an old mule deer shed that had an incredible base on it...the blade is an old 440 stainless kitchen knife I reshaped and ground to a style I like...its a great boning knife...or as the name of the thread implies a replica of a knife carried in older times...

the sheath is some Buffalo hide I have...the fringes arent only for looks...back in the day they were put on garments and related items to drain away water...and they do really work.In a time before gore tex , ABS plastic  and similar...

I played around with a small file & dremel and carved in my logo...

this project cost a whopping 1 dollar to make...thats in the stainless steel pin and epoxy...

it file sharpens super...and is a crowd pleaser when it comes to the camp fire etc!the exposed blade measures 6 & 1/4"...
ted/wandering monk
public land pope & young
public water 20"er

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: old school open carry...
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 02:13:00 PM »
I like it.
Well done.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©