INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Trying to locate knifemaker  (Read 681 times)

Offline Ron Foley

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Trying to locate knifemaker
« on: November 17, 2014, 10:05:00 PM »
Trying to contact a knife maker named Cole. I think he is from Canada but not sure. Any info would certainly be appreciated

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trying to locate knifemaker
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 05:38:00 AM »
There was a Dave Cole...DC Knives. Dave died unexpectedly by aneurysm in 2011 I think.  Well thought of knifemaker and  apparently an excellent sheath maker as well. Did a lot of ornate handles on his knives, liked brass guards...made some cool sheaths.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Ron Foley

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 11:09:00 PM »
Ray I am saddened to hear that news. I think from what you describe This knife I have was made by him. Beautiful knife and sheath with damascas blade

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 11:40:00 PM »
Sorry Ron.  Don't like bringing bad news but found that on a knife maker forum.  Can you show us a pic?
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Ron Foley

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 09:12:00 PM »
Ray, I am unable to post pictures. But will be glad to text you some. If you like PM me your number and I will gladly send them

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©