INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: need some info on stencil  (Read 864 times)

Offline Rick Enos

• Trad Bowhunter
need some info on stencil
« on: January 03, 2015, 08:26:00 AM »
Just got a personalizer machine for Christmas & need to know where to get stencils made.Or how to make them.Is there a certain type of stencil paper to use for etching knives.I read the post on Holly lobby on this forum.Is there a better way.

Offline milehi101

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: need some info on stencil
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 09:50:00 AM »
I get mine from a guy named Ernie he lives in Florida I think.  His phone # is 407 568 5438.
His stencils can be re used several times with good results.  I have had some made by sign makers locally but i don't get what I want in the design and they can only be used one time.  He has a web site  www.erniesknives.com.   Nice guy to talk to and has a good product

Offline Lin Rhea

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 09:53:00 AM »
I order mine from a supplier. They are expensive by some thinking but a good clean logo is important. It works out to very little per knife.

I would do a search for etching stencils or something like that. I hate to recommend one since I don't know but one. I know there are more but in fairness some might prefer other suppliers than the one I use.

Get everything clean with denatured alcohol and go for it. I set mine on "3+" and let it sizzle.
"We dont rent pigs." Augustus McCrae
ABS Master Bladesmith
TGMM Family of the Bow
Dwyer Dauntless longbow 50 @ 28
Ben Pearson recurve 50 @ 28
Tall Tines Recurve 47@28
McCullough Griffin longbow 43@28

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 07:01:00 AM »
Yea, I've used Ernie Grospitch- I believe he calls his company Blue Lightning...and a firm called Marking Methods personally.  Both are good.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Rick Enos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 10:05:00 AM »
Thanks for the info guys..One other question..I have always marked my knives with my name in script.Like an autograph.I've noticed most of the knife makers here use block letters.Would script work on knives.Or would you go to block letters.

Offline kbaknife

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 10:21:00 AM »
I know one and they are the best - as far as my experience goes.
They are also the one chosen by the ABS to make the etching stencils used for the JS and MS stencils given to the newly crowned smiths.
Right now I am at a loss as to the name of the woman you will deal with, but she is one of the most professional people I've ever dealt with in any field.
They are very particular about their product.

http://www.img-electromark.com/
When the last deer disappears into the morning mist,
When the last elk vanishes from the hills,
When the last buffalo falls on the plains,
I will hunt mice for I am a hunter and I must have my freedom.
Chief Joseph

Offline Rick Enos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 09:03:00 AM »
Ordered from Ernie....Thanks

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©