Author Topic: First osage build along  (Read 1560 times)

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: First osage build along
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2008, 09:32:00 AM »
I would take the time and get the inner third bending better, and cut those tips off and re-do them, before they break off.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2008, 12:47:00 PM »
Great advice from a couple guys who are only concerned for your (and other folks) well being -and final satisfaction. Still a lot about the bow that is very nice for your first try, and especially with no one there to help guide you. Correct as Jawge and Dano suggested (very soon - or at least before much if any further shooting), and I'll bet you'll have a bow to be very proud of.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline TroyH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2008, 04:57:00 PM »
Ok, thanks for the advice about the knocks and all.  Today I cut the knocks off and corrected them (side grooves only, no cutting through the back).  I decided not to do anything about the whip as it didn't seem to be too bad and I had already put a finish on it.  This was my first.  Also, I think the whip looked worse in the pic due to the natural twist in both limbs.  Kind of plays tricks on the eyes.  If you look at it from the other side, the whip looks different.  Anyway, I'm going to call this one quits and see if I can find a straighter, less knotty stave :-)
Formerly known as PastorHunter.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©