Author Topic: owl bows. spine and brace hgt?  (Read 993 times)

Offline wahoo

• Trad Bowhunter
owl bows. spine and brace hgt?
« on: September 28, 2008, 07:44:00 PM »
I need some help . I am shooting a 50# @ 25" bow and was shooting 50 to 55 birch shafts @ 26 inch. They seem to shoot fine but when I put a broadhead on they go to where ever.I also read that my fletching should be of the shelf but mine over lap the shelf maybe a good inch. The bow is silent and fast just bad with broadheads. I have a garage full of different spined arrows and will start low and work my way up. I have no wrist slap and no bow slap. I am having a hard time just getting it together.Thanks

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: owl bows. spine and brace hgt?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 09:04:00 PM »
Try making your arrows a bit longer; try 28" and see how they fly. What broadheads are you using?
   The average brace height on most of my bows is
5 1/2" to 6". Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline wahoo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 10:09:00 PM »
magnus heads.brace height 5 1/4. I will try longer shafts. My flu flus fly good but not broadheads

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 11:11:00 PM »
I draw 26" but cut my shafts are 29" I think the extra length helps the shaft flex around the bow. Did you spine your arrows before you cut them to 26". Store bought arrows are spine weighted at 28" and each inch above or below that 28" you can subtract or add 5# per inch respectively. So if you are shooting a 50#-55# spined arrow but cut it to 26" you have made your arrows 60#-65# spine.
   Are your arrowheads true on the shaft? I usually adjust broadheads so they spin true and don't worry about the orientation. A big broadhead like a Magnus needs to be dead true.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline wahoo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 02:15:00 AM »
Ive never seen broadheads fly so bad out of a bow. I will try all ideas and let you know. Thanks

Offline wahoo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 08:12:00 PM »
Ed was right and so were you Pat. I have laminated birch shafts 50-55 and I left them long 30.5 bop and they fly like darts. I will put broadheads on in the morning and shoot. Thanks

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©