Author Topic: Struck Gold!  (Read 743 times)

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
Struck Gold!
« on: October 30, 2008, 04:53:00 PM »
I spent yesterday and today prospecting in the shop.  I had to completely strip out one side, tearing out shelving, and digging into stuff i buried long ago, in order to make room for the new goodies from Grizzly.    The shelves were actually an old entertainment system that we'd somehow gotten into the garage.  It had about a 10" clearance on the ceiling, and I'd stashed long pieces of wood up there.   Once i got them down, I found some odd stuff and only then remembered that two years ago I'd gone to a lumberyard for bow wood.  I'd stashed it up there and forgotten about it.    There's one nice plank of good grain red oak and two of true 1" Hickory.    these planks are 8" x 8'.  I'm thinking that ought to provide taper material for a little while.

All the new tools are now in position on rolling beds.  i still need to do some fastening to the beds... didn't want to do that until i knew what was going to fit where.

Just had to tell someone about finding all that hickory!

Dick in Seattle
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Struck Gold!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 06:26:00 AM »
That's great Dick!  Kind of like Christmas morning, eh?
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Offline allanburden

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Struck Gold!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 11:41:00 AM »
Cool deal.  I love reading your posts Dick.
"Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." Ernest Hemingway

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©