Author Topic: is osage a good core wood  (Read 684 times)

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
is osage a good core wood
« on: January 03, 2009, 08:34:00 PM »
Just curiouse,, I might trade for a bow with osage as a limb core,, how does it react,JB
TGMM

Offline Holm-Made

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: is osage a good core wood
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 09:00:00 PM »
It's been used in alot of bows and proven to be good.  It is heavier then alot of core woods used so may make a heavier limb which will be a little slower to recover but will you notice a difference in performance?, I doubt it.

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 09:00:00 PM »
absolutly. One of the best core woods avaiable. Not sure what you mean how does it react? I'd tell ya that it is very quick recovery, good tensile strength and looks nice to boot. I wouldn't be afraid of the trade because the limb cores are osage.
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 09:26:00 PM »
Fellas I have no idea what a limb does but I know it stores energy when drawn,,I guess what I ment was how does it shoot,,Lots of twang,, smooth to draw,, but you guys have anawred my question for sure,,thanks alot,,JB  :thumbsup:
TGMM

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©