Author Topic: Urac Question  (Read 744 times)

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Urac Question
« on: January 22, 2009, 05:14:00 PM »
It has been about a year since I built a bow, and can't remember how long one should let Urac cure inside the house (72F).  I am anxious to get one out of the form.  Like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning actually.  LOL!!!  How long do you guys wait??

Trilam bamboo backed BTW.

Bocote Riser section on belly, two .002 tapered osage lams butt spliced on the belly, Bocote Power Lam, Paralell Osage Core Lam, and Raw Bamboo Backing.  Glued into a very R/D Profile.
Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Bert Frelink

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Urac Question
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 05:37:00 PM »
Carbon Dude>>>>>
Where have you been??
I would give it at least 24 hrs and would not put a string on it for another 72 hrs, that is what I would do but....been busy making a little dust myself.   :cool:
Regards, Bert

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 05:42:00 PM »
Howdy Bert!!!

Living in Gibbons now and FINALLY getting around to building again.  I have another one to get glued up on the form as soon as this one comes off, and I have a VERY narrow deep cored straight limbed longbow to glue up as well.  If I had enough clamps, I would be gluing that one up NOW!  LOL!!!

Got pictures of what the dust came off of???????  I like pics!
Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

Offline Bert Frelink

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 05:49:00 PM »
Not sure if you saw this one or not

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 05:53:00 PM »
No but I like it!!  Is that some of the "Yellow Gold" you got from me?

In His service,
Brian Rice

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 05:57:00 PM »
I have never built a recurve.  I might have to give that a go SOON.  How wide is that one?  It looks SKINNY.

In His service,
Brian Rice

Offline Bert Frelink

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 06:24:00 PM »
No it's a piece of Yellow that came from the plywood place and yes it is skinny 1 3/8" limbs at the fades tapering to 3/8" tips overlayed with Bison Horn.
It is Bamboo backed glued with Smooth On and I ran the toothing plane over both the Bamboo and the Yellow it's one piece(no lams) I steamed the recurves in it before I backed it.
It's the "coolest" bow I ever build, it is going home soon  :scared:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©