Author Topic: delete  (Read 569 times)

Offline kodiakkid

• Trad Bowhunter
delete
« on: March 26, 2009, 04:09:00 PM »
Hopefully I am gonna attach pics of an osage stave I just got. It measures 67" but has a bad knot in one end. (see pic) Probably can get a 63 maybe 64" bow without bothering with knot. The hump near the middle is a knot (not bad) and as you can see would be the center of a 64 incher. It has a bit of natural deflex reflex. More so on one side of the knot (handle) than the other. I think I will deffinitely have to use heat on it. I like a handle big enough that I can sand a bit if a locator in it. Could you give me a quick run down as to how you would lay it out. Thx, Paul<><

Always strive to do the right thing. Don't beat yourself down when you mess up. Ask for forgivness and keep on keeping on.

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: delete
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 04:16:00 PM »
64" should work for you. Mark out the center line following the grain. then mark where your handle will be(I put the center of the handle in the center of the bow)and then your fades(I go
1 1/2" to 2"). Then I put a mark every 6" out to the end of both limbs and mark the limb width from the center to the edge on both sides of each limb then cut it out.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Roy Steele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 04:49:00 PM »
NICE RINGS you will have to try hard to break that bow.Lession to PAT he's got it down.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
 20 YEARS LEARNING 20 YEARS DOING  20 YEARS TEACHING
  CROOKETARROW

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 04:54:00 PM »
How deep is the wedge. Looks like you might get a belly split off of it and make 2 bows!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©