Author Topic: hello all  (Read 567 times)

Offline kenweldsit

• Trad Bowhunter
hello all
« on: April 13, 2009, 06:57:00 PM »
hello  all I have been lurking and learning for a while now and thought i would take this time to introduce myself. i have worked as a millwright and offbearer for a family owned sawmill for thegrowing years of my life 30+ lol but as of late i have worked in construction as a welder working on heavy equipment and asphalt plants.
I am a navy veteran and father to six children

I have bow hunted trapped and muzzleloaded for 20+ years and I am also an avid shooter of handguns and sporting arms.

Recently i have been blacksmithing making knives and wrought iron work. and i've made a bow or too from boards and staves i am looking for someone in ne ohio to buddy up with and build a few bows .  well i guees thats enuff for now thanks and you guys are a bunch of talented people  and I  am glad to have found this forum.
ken  :goldtooth:
K.I.S.S. keep it simple stupid<<<
LOL no really a tuff learnin curve

Offline shikari

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: hello all
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 07:35:00 PM »
I have been learning a lot from the good folks on this forum myself.Some really helpful people and really talented people here.
P.J.

Offline razorsharptokill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 07:44:00 PM »
Welcome! You are in good hands here. The cool thing about Tradgang is that you can travel all over the world learning and teaching right from your computer!

I have some relatives in Zanesville.
Jim Richards
Veteran

USMC 84-88
Oklahoma Army National Guard 88-89
USMCR 89-96 Desert Storm
Oklahoma Air National Guard 2002- present. Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005(Qatar) and 2007(Iraq),
Operation New Dawn Iraq 2011,
Operation Enduring Freedom 2018 Afghanistan.
NRA Life Member.

Offline kenweldsit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 08:10:00 PM »
I have been reading lurkin and learning for a few months now and i am slowly gathering pieces for my bow form got fire hose the other day from local FD grandpa was first chief so current chief just gave it to me.
i would be interested in buying a binghams video from anyone who has one they no longer need i am a better learner from watching and doing than looking at pics and reading discriptions the info lost in the lil things that go unsaid is the keys to keeping the results consitent.
K.I.S.S. keep it simple stupid<<<
LOL no really a tuff learnin curve

Offline Leo L.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 08:33:00 PM »
Hey welcome to TG!  I grew up in NE Ohio, Fairport Harbor/Painesville/Madison specifically.  Ten years of military duty have kept me away from the beautiful state and I'm anxious to settle down there again...just 10 more years, hehe.  I'm working on my first Osage stave, and the laminates interest me, one step at a time.  Looking forward to seeing what you have to share with us.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©