3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: bear montana longbow  (Read 315 times)

Offline cooncrazy

• Trad Bowhunter
bear montana longbow
« on: February 07, 2008, 10:46:00 AM »
i would like to know what you guys think of this bow and how you would rate it with some of the other long bows out there just got a 60 lber and i realy like it  thanks guys
walk softly and carry a big stick

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: bear montana longbow
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 11:48:00 AM »
You just answerd your own Question....
All that matters is how you like it....
    They are a good bow for the money....
Some people slim down the tips and Grip on it...
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Son of Texas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 11:53:00 AM »
I have a 50 & 55 I have know problem with them they shoot great, I don't shoot them much anymore I just found other bows I like better. If you like it that is all that matters.

Offline T-Bone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 12:36:00 PM »
The Montana is perhaps the best bow out there for the price.   However, it is a must to replace the arrow rest and put on a decent string to get the best performance it can give.  I have 2 montanas and have spent many many hours shooting and tuning them.  If I were on a strict budget and could buy one bow to hunt any thing on the planet (except the Big 5), it would be a 60# Montana.  It's an above average performer,quiet, and very accurate.  Try a 7 1/4 brace height and 1/2 inch nock for starters in tuning.  Easton legacy 2018 shafts work great with that bow too.  I have a couple customs, and I think the Montana is just as good as most any bow out there for a solid functional hunting bow.

Offline cooncrazy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 02:00:00 PM »
thanks guys for your input
walk softly and carry a big stick

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 10:35:00 PM »
I shot one about 2 years ago & was impresed with the performance for the price. As Mike G said if it pleases you then you have a good bow. Frank
U.S.A. "Ride For The Brand Or Leave."

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 10:24:00 AM »
I bought one around the first of the year and really enjoy shooting it. I'm impressed how accurate this bow shoots as long as I have proper form! I'm new to the lifestyle of traditional shooting/hunting and I'm very happy with this bow. I shot a few other bow that were more expensive and liked this bow better! Mines is 50# and shoots excellent! Like others said I replaced the arrow rest with calf hair. I shoot Carbon Express Heritage 150's with great accuracy. Mine came loaded with a Fast Flight string as well! Overall I extremely happy with my Longbow, I can't wait to hunt with it this season!
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Offline threeundr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 12:32:00 PM »
When I got back into traditional archery after a 10 year break the first bow I bought was a Bear Montana. I found it to be very accurate and quiet. In fact the only Robin Hood I have ever shot was from this bow! I have owned and shot many high end bows and for the money you can't beat the Montana. Now if I could only buy that bow back.

Thanks, Leonard.
-Leonard-

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©