Author Topic: ??  (Read 517 times)

Offline Kevin007

• Trad Bowhunter
??
« on: April 29, 2009, 10:43:00 AM »
I've been browsing through these build alongs and man, you guys can build nice looking bows, especially the long bows and recurves. Have you guys ever thought about building a bow and sell it to the gangs here? I would definitely buy. Some of these bows turned out to be better looking than the big brands out there.
Just a thought,
Kevn

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ??
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 01:41:00 PM »
There is some awesome talent on here!  It's good to have you aboard.

If it says "Sponsor" under their handle, then they are probably in a position to make you one.
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 04:14:00 PM »
Don't be shy Apex, He was probably talking about that sweet looking bow you just finished.
  Heck kevin, he shows you how to make them AND USE them. In both cases he makes it look easier than it is. Good job AP.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Kevin007

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 05:16:00 PM »
Thanks Apex. I'll have to remember that. If you ever want to get rid of any takedown recurve, but all means, PM me first. LOL

Somehow those takedown have grown on me and now I want one. I've never shot any takedown before so it's the grip that I'm more concerned of.

Two Tracks, I visited your site. Any take-down recurves for "Build Your Own" kits?

kevin.

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 10:29:00 PM »
No take downs. (YET)
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Holm-Made

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 10:37:00 PM »
Where abouts in MN are you?  
To sell a bow the maker legally has to be set up with the Federal Govt. to pay the 11% Archery Excise Tax.  Chad

Offline Pluck Yew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 05:49:00 PM »
WOW!!?? 11% that *****, I DID NOT KNOW THAT!! The cost of doing business is crazy...what the hell are they thinkin'?

Shawn....(sorry went a little crazy)
Give 'em the bird!

Offline Steve Kendrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 04:36:00 PM »
11% is the Pittman Robertson Act tax on all hunting equipment (bows, guns etc) that provides federal funds for wildlife conservation. This is why sportsmen so often make the claim that they fund wildlife conservation.

Offline Tom I.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 04:51:00 PM »
Pittman Robertson Act does not apply to hobby builders.  Only to those who manufacture for resale, and then, as I recall, you have to make a minimum of so many bows, guns, or whatever before it applies...don't know what that number is.
Tom I.

Offline Holm-Made

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 07:10:00 PM »
If someone was building with the intent to sell, would they be a hobby builder?  

Years a go before I went into business I sold bows to friends and relatives for the cost of materials.  It was a gift so to speak and the person usually helped me glue it up or finish sand the bow.  I never wanted the liability of selling a product for profit without an established business.  

Just my thoughts and yes I do agree that some of the hobby builders do awesome work.  Chad

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©