Author Topic: Parrallel vs Taper Bingham R/D T/D LB  (Read 540 times)

Offline pebowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
Parrallel vs Taper Bingham R/D T/D LB
« on: May 24, 2009, 11:44:00 AM »
I met Owen Jeffry at the NCTAC yesturday and asked him for helpful tips for a hobby bowyer. He asked if I had any tapers in my limbs and I told him they were a Bingham design and they were all parrallel lams. He said (in technical terms) that the performance would be inhanced if I put .002 to .0025/in taper in the limbs. Has anyone tried this? how much limb thickness did you have to add to get equal poundage? and what performance changes did you notice? The origoinal Bingham design was two .002 reverse tapers(which makes a parallel limb) which I have already changed to all parallel lams and it dropped my brace height from 8" to 7 1/4". I'm certainly not complaning about my bows performance...just may want to try something different. Thanks for ANY input..Page

Offline LarsonArchery

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Parrallel vs Taper Bingham R/D T/D LB
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 12:19:00 PM »
I always put a tape in my limbs partly becasue that is how I learned and have always had good results and partly because after doing some research it seemed like the best course. Old Master Crafters uses both .001 and .002 tapers and recommends a .002 for a recurve.

but like all of us, play with it and see what "you" think

Offline Werewolf

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Parrallel vs Taper Bingham R/D T/D LB
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 07:48:00 PM »
wow im thinkin of ording a takedown longbow kit from Bingham- and cant tell what the starter kit includes though -that web site is confusing-not sure what pronounced and shallow means either-both kits look like their reflex deflex to me

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©