3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: "Have You noticed the light"  (Read 440 times)

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
"Have You noticed the light"
« on: February 07, 2008, 11:00:00 PM »
Well since 12 January 2008 the days are getting longer. Now we have to wait 6 more weeks per some fat Groundhog in PA (I know no matter what it's still 6 weeks to the day for Spring). Good light for me is about 6:45 am & last light is about 5:55 pm... The weather has been nice for a few days, well good enuff to hunt with out freezing to bad.

Soon we'll be doing 3-D shoots, Turkey hunting, Trout fishing...Hell all fishing. The circle of life will soon start... Baby Bears, WhiteTails, wabbits, Turkeys & the list goes on.. In no time we'll be getting all rutted up about deer season again... Just being in the outdoors makes my Heart & Soul soar...

So how many of You "Have noticed the light"

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: "Have You noticed the light"
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 11:08:00 PM »
Been noticing here..
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline MJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 11:09:00 PM »
I've noticed it, Turkeys   :thumbsup:
A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 11:12:00 PM »
How odd; its happening here in Idaho too   :confused:
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 04:36:00 AM »
Every day!  :bigsmyl:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline DW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 08:20:00 AM »
We too are glad the day's are getting longer....would this also be a reference to "Lost" last night????? Don and Skyler
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 09:28:00 AM »
Originally posted by DW:
would this also be a reference to "Lost" last night????? Don and Skyler
No, just sometimes ppl "don't stop & smell the roses" I know ppl that hunt and all they care about is bagging the biggest rack buck. They stop seeing the light sort of speaking. If you ask them did the other day seem darker then now, They wouldn't know or care. Sometimes a goal pushes ppl to over look the little things in nature.

I hunted this morning for about 2 hrs of good light, thing I have to do today. I watched a small hairy woodpecker looking for food on a limb next to me. Then watched a tree rat trying to catch a leaf that was moving from a light breeze. Just watching the whole woods slowly lighting up is the greatest think these days..We live by the light, With out it we Die.

This thread was to see if others keep up with the small things in life in the winter months. There is threads about snow,rain & killer cold temps.. Just wanted to shine some light...   :biglaugh:  Sorry .. no pun intended.

Offline last arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 10:01:00 AM »
Yeah, Dropped my daughter off at her piano lesson last night and it was light enough to take a hike through a nearby property I have access to.  Need to put the snowshoes in my vehical as it was a lot of work with the foot and half of snow we have on the ground though.
"all knowledge is good. All knowledge opens doors. Ignorance is what closes them." Louis M. Profeta MD

"We must learn to see and accept the whole truth, not just the parts we like." - Anne-Marie Slaughter

Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
TGMM "Family of the Bow"

Offline DW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 07:08:00 PM »
Salvatore, last night on LOST, someone asked "have you noticed the light", strange coincidence I guess......And yes, we do notice the longer days, now I can see deer on the way home from work. Won't be long and we'll be able to shoot before dark....
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 07:49:00 PM »
Ive seen the park turkeys strutting this past week oddly enough.Spring is near.

Offline Gene Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 08:23:00 PM »
Right here,bout time if you ask me.
Yea,though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,i will fear no evil:for thou art with me;thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.Psalm 23:4

"Speak softly and carry a big stick. . . . "           President Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Labs4me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 08:44:00 PM »
With a fresh snow on the ground, Huck and I didn't come out of the woods from bunny hunting until 6:15 p.m. this evening. Spring is just around the corner. Yeh baby!!!
"You must not only aim right, but draw the bow with all your might." - Henry David Thoreau (Before the advent of compound bows with 85% letoff)

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 09:13:00 PM »
its getting a bit warmer too; the deer are starting to move around in the daylight more...
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 09:17:00 PM »
Gettin' better, thats the only thing I dont like about winter-not enough daylight. Dark when I go to work, almost dark when I get home.

Eric

Offline Cupcake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 09:40:00 PM »
I actually got home before dark tonight and spent some time shooting my new bow.

It was in the high 70s here today and I had to shed a layer of insulation to ride my motorcycle home today.  Sunday morning at the club should be perfect shooting weather.

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 09:48:00 PM »
I have been keeping track of it. It won't be long before it will be light when I get home from work so I can fling a few arrows each day. Nothing soothes the Soul like smacking styrofoam with arrows after work.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2008, 11:21:00 AM »
Like Killy, I notice every day. Every little bit of it.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2008, 04:47:00 PM »
Old man winter is king for a time, but an extra minute in the morning, and an extra minute each evening, causes him to slowly become weaker.

He puts up a valiant fight, but he will weaken to the point, that he must hide again for a while.

Those precious few minutes of extra sunlight signal a change in EVERYTHING.

For most of us, not only do we notice the light, but we also FEEL it.  :)

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2008, 05:06:00 PM »
There are lenten roses (helleborus) in bloom on my route, and the snowdrops are white against the mulch around the trees. Crocusses are adding their purples to the startled February landscape.

I love walking the abandoned parks in winter, seeing the first swollen buds, the rising spikes of skunk cabbage, the trout lilies. The owls are nesting now, and I have seen the red-shouldered hawks in their mating flights. When I worked as a courier, the people in the offices seemed so insulated to me. They spent only a few minutes between building and car, complained about weather they never truly felt, and mourned for Spring, which was happening, quietly, all around them!

There are hard, cold days ahead, wherein nothing seems to move and even the voices of the birds are frozen. But under the crust, as under the seemingly thick skin of a crotchety curmudgeon, there is life, and warmth, and movement.

Taku skan, skanskan.
Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2008, 11:28:00 PM »
Killdeer, You have a way with words. You should write a book.RC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©