Author Topic: refinishing an old Bear bow  (Read 465 times)

Offline James Anderson

• Trad Bowhunter
refinishing an old Bear bow
« on: June 30, 2009, 01:06:00 AM »
Does anyone know how to preserve the labelling on the old Bear bows when you are refinishing the fiberglass on them?  I am afraid I will sand off, or Citristrip off, or Goof Off off the labelling that says Bear Archery, Grayling MI, or the other label that says Bear Alaskan.  Any help you can give me I'd greatly appreciate.  This is only my second post.  My first I got some great guys that really helped.  I am appreciating TRad gang as a new poster/member.  
Waiting to hear from you.  Jim A

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: refinishing an old Bear bow
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 07:25:00 AM »
Jim, you can just mask off, or sand around the decals. some super fine sanding over the top is ok-MOST OF THE TIME. just go slow and watch what you are doing and you will be fine. keep in mind that you will end up with a "shadow" around the decals. good luck
Chuck-
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 09:55:00 AM »
I use the same method as Two Tracks.
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Offline droptine59

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 01:06:00 PM »
Mask off the logo/deacl. remove the clear coat surrounding it, then remove mask, wet sand with 600 grit then 1000 grit... feather the edging into thr glass. then when you spray your clear, it will blend in.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©