Author Topic: Bow layout tape  (Read 636 times)

Offline ProArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Bow layout tape
« on: August 13, 2009, 07:00:00 AM »
I saw a picture on here that showed a clear layout rule and was Just wondering was this something the person made him self or is it on the market (if so where can you get one) I would realy like to know. It looked cool.
People need to get a life. That dose not mean to take someone else’s, or to make one they can't support.

If you fish and hunt only to catch or kill something. You have MISSED THE POINT COMPLETELY.

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow layout tape
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 12:11:00 PM »
Mickey Lotz "The Ferret" made those up, I think "Lost Arra" on this site has it on his computer or in some way can get you one.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline ProArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 01:45:00 PM »
Thanks Dano
People need to get a life. That dose not mean to take someone else’s, or to make one they can't support.

If you fish and hunt only to catch or kill something. You have MISSED THE POINT COMPLETELY.

Offline ALW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 08:46:00 AM »
I made one like the Ferret showed in the past.  I used a piece of Mylar that we use at work to run plans off on.  It's kind of opaque, not clear.  But you can still see through it when you lay it on the back of a bow.  I just marked it with a ruler and used a sharpie with an extra fine tip to lay it out. Works great.

Aaron

Offline ProArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 09:44:00 AM »
Cool Thanks ALW

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 09:16:00 AM »
Here it is. As the person who came up with the name for the original Ferret's Floppy Arrarest (TM) I feel I am authorized to release this. Of course, the Floppy Ruler (TM) is for personal use only. Any resale, recording, retransmission without the expressed written consent of Major League Baseball is strictly prohibited.
  Ferret\\'s Floppy Ruler (TM)
Got wood? - Tom

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 09:38:00 AM »
COOL BEANS!!   :bigsmyl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline scrub-buster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 12:10:00 AM »
Originally posted by Tom Leemans:
Here it is. As the person who came up with the name for the original Ferret's Floppy Arrarest (TM) I feel I am authorized to release this. Of course, the Floppy Ruler (TM) is for personal use only. Any resale, recording, retransmission without the expressed written consent of Major League Baseball is strictly prohibited.
  Ferret\\'s Floppy Ruler (TM)  
That link is not working for me.  I get a "Link not found" message.
AKA Osage Outlaw

Offline ProArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 07:09:00 AM »
:notworthy:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :pray:    :pray:  
That is awsome Thanks Tom

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 09:07:00 AM »
Scrub - You should get a .pdf file. Try again. It just worked for me. Maybe the site was getting a lot of hits right then.
Got wood? - Tom

Offline RB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 08:12:00 PM »
.....and as the one who converted Mickey's great ruler into the computer drawn version in the PDF that Tom gave the link to.....
....I'll be looking for my standard royalty for each one that you print on 3M acetate sheets on your printer: 1-perfectly-straight-knot-free-osage-stave-postpaid-to-my-door. Floor-tillered.

Hey, I need to know something: Does anyone still have the pics from Mickey's great tutorial?
  Osage bow building 101...a pictorial
Doesn't do a lot of good to have a pictorial without the pictors.
Got a good friend who is just getting into bow building and could use that pictorial. I used to have all Ferret's stuff saved, but wing feather mites ate my hard-drive. Sure miss seeing Mickey on here.

If anyone has 'em, let me know. I'll send you a nice stave for 'em. If I don't forget it.

RB

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 08:05:00 AM »
I miss that little Big guy  :(
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline RB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 03:39:00 PM »
Never mind; I found most all of Ferret's stuff on another backup.

BTW, if any newcomers (looks like there's a bunch!) use this template, be sure to check printer settings and make sure that you don't 'Fit to Page' or any other scaling in the Print Setup. If you do, then '1 inch' won't be...one inch!

RB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©