Author Topic: 3 pc takedown ?  (Read 485 times)

Offline bubby

• Trad Bowhunter
3 pc takedown ?
« on: September 13, 2009, 11:11:00 PM »
wanting to try a 3 pc takedown bow and need some suggestions on riser dimensions, overall length, length of limb pads and such.Thanks, bub

Offline talkingcabbage

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 3 pc takedown ?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 11:20:00 PM »
check out Binghams.  they've got some great plans and supplies.  for wood, ask kenny m.
Joe

"If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt."

One of two things will happen; it'll either work or it won't.

Offline bubby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 11:33:00 PM »
works been real slow for me and trying to do this on materials I've got on hand. Was thinking about an all wood lam, no glass bow. Thanks for response, Bub

Offline Bradford

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 12:38:00 AM »
Looks like no one has responded in a while.. now that the weather is cooling down, thought I would take another look on here.  You can do it, but will need to use hickory or bamboo for the backing.  I built my first bow as a 3 piece all out of wood.. actually came out and worked.. I used hickory.  Only got about 25lbs out of it.. but again it was my first bow.  Also I used tightbond 3.. I would use the smooth on for an all wood project.. just bonds better.  The bow is still in one piece, but it creaks and crackles a lot with just the wood glue.  Hope this helps.
God gave you hands, use them

Offline bubby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 01:11:00 AM »
Thanks for the response, I have a hickory backed hickory r/d that cracked in the powerlam, it was peruvian walnut, craked in shelf cutout. So I cut the limbs off glued up some hickory for the riser and got her cut out. The limbs were down to 50# @ 28" and I need 29 so it should be close, just need to get some bolts and see how she works. Thanks, bub

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©