Author Topic: first longbow - Patience  (Read 438 times)

Offline chuprinko

• Trad Bowhunter
first longbow - Patience
« on: September 26, 2009, 09:38:00 PM »
Hello everyone,
I am new but have spent a lot of time reading and listening to everyones informative posts. Thanks to everyone and their wisdom.
Here is my first bow I named "patience" as I needed a lot of it to not hurry the process. It is a boo-backed hickory long bow, 72", and ended up 48# @ 30". I love the way it shoots and can't wait to make my next bow. It may not be perfect, but a good start to my new addiction.
My 11 yr old son and I just steam bent a hickory stave to recurve it a little for bow two.
Any feedback appreciated.
Neil

didn't understand - now I do.

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: first longbow - Patience
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 09:48:00 PM »
Looks great Neil, welcome.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 10:53:00 PM »
Welcome Neil. Nice job on your bow. Glad to hear you and your son are involved. We need to Pass It On!
  One positive criticism if I may...try to get your limbs bending a bit more towards the handle. The fades are the transition between the static handle and working limbs so the bending should gradually work out of the fades and into the limbs.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline chuprinko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 11:31:00 AM »
Thanks for the feedback. For my first bow im pretty happy. Ok, more Patience....
picked up a old bandsaw from craigslist, and set-up a workbench in the garage to give me a solid place to work on the next one.
didn't understand - now I do.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©