Author Topic: number of core lams.  (Read 388 times)

Offline Furtaker

• Trad Bowhunter
number of core lams.
« on: October 27, 2009, 07:06:00 AM »
Hi everyone.
I'm new to the site but have been browsing here for quite some time now.My hat is off to everyone that have put their knowledge and experience out there to use.I've been building my own glass bows for a few years now, several r/d longbows and this past summer my first 50's style recurve.
As for longbows,I have a question on the number of core lams in your stack (not counting the glass).I have been using three pairs in the core, but are there any advantages/disadvantages to using four pairs between the glass?

My bow building season starts in about another month and thought I might try something different,maybe even a build along.
Thanks guys   AIM BIG SHOOT SMALL.
  Frank

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: number of core lams.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 08:00:00 PM »
Maybe a bit of stability,just because of more lams. Any weak spots will have less impact.

I use 4 in my current fave bow,mostly because I want light corewoods,and purty veneers. I have built a more rad hybrid with 2 lams and a powerlam and had no trouble tho.
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Furtaker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: number of core lams.
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 06:50:00 AM »
Thanks Kenny,stability isn't an issue with what I have now so maybe I won't "fix something that aint broke".
I'm about ready for supplies so you'll hear from me soon.

Thanks again,Frank
  Frank

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©