Author Topic: What is the Difference?  (Read 269 times)

Offline PZee

• Trad Bowhunter
What is the Difference?
« on: November 14, 2009, 02:41:00 PM »
Hi,

I am new to this, and have only made 1 bow out of Bamboo Flooring.

I'm struggling to work out what the difference between a Reflex/Deflex longbow and a Hybrid bow is. I'm sure most of you know, can someone please explain to me?

Thanks

Pete
'Impi! wo 'nans' impi iyeza
Obani bengathinta amabhubesi?'

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What is the Difference?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 03:04:00 PM »
I believe a hybrid has the most reflex a bow can have without the string touching the belly of the bow like a recurve does. It would have deflex in the handle just as a Reflex/Deflex longbow does. You glass bow guys, correct me if I'm wrong.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What is the Difference?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 08:37:00 AM »
There is no real difference.  R/D longbow, hybrid, non-contact recurve, semi-recurve... all the same.  Various amounts of deflex coming off the riser (ranging from none to extreme) and varying amounts of reflex in the limbs - the string only touches at the tips.

You get some guys calling a bow a hybrid if it has a pistol grip on it and a r/d longbow if it has a straight grip... doesn't make sense to me, since it's the limb profile that determines what a bow is, not the grip.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©