Author Topic: alone in missouri  (Read 1505 times)

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
alone in missouri
« on: November 20, 2009, 01:57:00 PM »
I am looking for someone around O'Fallon to build a bow with.  It would be great to have someone there to help with some of my questions.  I have built six bows now and they keep getting better, but I want to know why I keep missing my speed desires.  I can't seem to hit the 100 fps plus draw weight.  I know I shouldn't let it bother me and with my 26in draw I might not ever get to that number but they keep getting faster, and I just wanted a little guidance.  Thanks for all your help.  David
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: alone in missouri
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 10:41:00 AM »
if you can't find anyone around you close start posting pics and questions here some of these guys are guru's so to speak. I can't help you any cause I am learning myself.
Good luck, Kris
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 10:48:00 AM »
Hi David,
I am a long way from ya,nearly IA. What are you building ,self or glass?
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Online rainman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 11:50:00 AM »
David just let give me a call.  Not in Ofallon but on the good side of the river.

Dan
Semper Fidelis
Dan Raney

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 04:30:00 PM »
I am building selfbows, Kenny.  I was thinking about getting a little bow building party together, nothin like MOJAM or anything, just a little get together if anyone was close enough.  Dan, I would love to get together with you, I could use your help on some tip overlays on the bow I'm working on.  Let me know when you might have time.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline Tillrn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 09:42:00 PM »
i live south of st.louis i've made 3 defelex reflex board bows from hickory. Not really good at it yet but really like doing it. I have some ipe that i plan on makings some bows out of next.

Offline Tillrn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 09:46:00 PM »

Online rainman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 04:02:00 PM »
Dave starting next week I should be back on days, I wiil get in touch with you when I have a day coming up
Semper Fidelis
Dan Raney

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 09:35:00 PM »
I'd like to get in on this if possible.  Strictly as a beginner who wants to learn.  :help:   I live out in Dittmer, 'bout an hour SW of St' Louis.  Will travel to learn.....  :archer:

Online rainman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 09:24:00 AM »
I will give you a call Joe.  Are you interested in Bamboo backed bows or stave bows?

Dan
Semper Fidelis
Dan Raney

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2009, 04:05:00 PM »
This sounds like it is going to be a good time.  Thanks for the help Dan I can't wait to hear from you.

Offline Hawkman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 07:59:00 AM »
I am starting my first bow today, it is going to be a red oak board pyramid bow. Judging from the pics here, we NEED to get together in the St.louis area, there is some hidden talent we can all draw on. Is there a way we can all get together on this? I would like to meet some of you. I had no idea there were this many St.Louis & surrounding Trad gangers!!

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 11:50:00 AM »
I think that we can get together.  My house is small, but it is an option.  My "shop" is in my garage and it gets a bit cramped.  My bench is portable though so if we can go somewhere else that would work for me too.  Actually, I might have a place here in O'Fallon.  How many people could make it?  We can need to set a date.

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2009, 11:37:00 AM »
Alright, I think that this is going to happen.  A full day of bowbuilding with some new faces.  I can get a place in O'Fallon, MO I just want to know who wants in and what dates you are available.  I can bring a boywers bench, tillering set up and tables and chairs an such, but I need to know how many people are interested.  I'm thinking if we try for a day in Jan. maybe.

Online rainman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2009, 05:55:00 PM »
David I am off on Tuesday's and Sunday's, let me know what you come up with.
Semper Fidelis
Dan Raney

Offline barley40

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009, 12:29:00 AM »
Hi, Anyone starting to build wood bows needs a copy of Paul Comstock's book " The Bent Stick" it's a must in my humble opinion. It's helped me more than anything.

Offline NEW GUY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 02:17:00 PM »
I might be interested.  I'm down in Sikeston, so not too far.
"Good Judgement comes from experience, and alot of that comes from Bad Judgement."

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2009, 11:57:00 PM »
it looks like we  are shooting for the first sunday after bow season is over

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2009, 12:00:00 AM »
it looks like we  are shooting for the first sunday after bow season is over

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2009, 08:18:00 AM »
alright anyone interested in a free bow buildin workshop I have got a place and I have a date. Januarary17 here in o'fallon, mo. I can bring my steam tube, heat gun, tillering setup, bow bench, a bunch of clamps, and a few other tools. This will be an indoor event and start at 7 am and go as long as you want to stay.  Feel free to ask any questions. David

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©