Author Topic: alone in missouri  (Read 1503 times)

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: alone in missouri
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2009, 08:28:00 AM »
alright anyone interested in a free bow buildin workshop I have got a place and I have a date. Januarary17 here in o'fallon, mo. I can bring my steam tube, heat gun, tillering setup, bow bench, a bunch of clamps, and a few other tools. This will be an indoor event and start at 7 am and go as long as you want to stay.  Feel free to ask any questions. David
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Online rainman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2009, 12:06:00 AM »
Dave I should be able to make that.  I will bring a bunch of different tools to show how they work.

Merry Christmas
Semper Fidelis
Dan Raney

Offline Hawkman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2009, 12:20:00 AM »
I am game for the 17th. we need to PM each other with cell#'s

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2009, 03:30:00 PM »
I will bring what I can too dan. This is going to be a good time.is jerry coming too?
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Online rainman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2009, 07:37:00 AM »
I will have to talk to Jerry about it.  I will find out tomorrow.
Semper Fidelis
Dan Raney

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2009, 09:45:00 AM »
This Jerry will be there. I'm not a bow builder but I enjoy watching others do it. You never know I might get the bug
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2009, 08:26:00 PM »
thay makes nine of us thus far and more are welcome.I,m going to bring a big pot of chili for lunch.

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »
Build and they will come

:campfire:    :archer:    :clapper:
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2010, 12:31:00 PM »
I'd like to make it but I'm about 1 1/2 hrs. away and don't think I could make it anywhere near 7:oo.  I take meds at night and they make it hard to get up that early and still have a clear head.
  I'll probably be callin' someone for directions but don't know.  Maybe if I can get Butch to go along.  We'll see, sounds like fun and just what I need.  :campfire:

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2010, 02:04:00 PM »
I can give directions to anyone who needs em, just email or pmme. There is no problem with showing up late, you might miss something ,but anytime is better than never. I will have three benches to work off and if anyone can bring another there is room for more

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2010, 05:38:00 PM »
Hey Keith

Tell Butch Gray Buffalo, Terry James (he doesn't know it yet) will be there. and I'm sure Mudd is thinking about it.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2010, 07:30:00 AM »
Good morning folks!
I"ll have to let you know about the 17th. I hope it's an event I can make. It would be fun to get with a bunch of folks of a like mind. I always have a good time where bowfolks are involved.
As I read some of the replies there seem to be some folks coming that are sort of a crowd all by themselves and my experience tells me it almost takes a crowd to run ramrod on the likes of more than a couple of them...lol
 If I can make it I'd love to bring my newest girl friend with me (I can get the wife's permission I'm sure). She hasn't even whispered her name to me yet but that doesn't matter to me because she's so very good looking and seems to love the attention. I don't know how she will act around a crowd yet. I can only hope she is the faithful type.
Do you  happen to know if there'll be room to do any shooting?

Thank you for thinking of me.
Happy New Year and God bless
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2010, 09:16:00 AM »
I am sure I can get us a spot to shoot. It won't be very far but the arrow will fly! I think we can get 15 yards indoors.

Offline Butch Speer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2010, 10:29:00 AM »
David,
Have built a few decent bows. Anytime in Jan. is fine by me except the weekend of the 23. going to a rabbit hunt with bows. Mudd's putting it on. Can bring bench, tiller tree & tools. Even some osage. Let me know.
God Bless

Butch the Yard Gnome

67 Bear Kodiak Hunter 58" 48@28
73 Bear Grizzly 58" 47@ 28
74 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45@28
Shakespeare Necedah 58" 45@28

Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much.
- Erastus Wiman

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2010, 12:59:00 PM »
sounds good butch, bring what ya canand I will too. We are a go for the 17 at 7 am till whenever we want to stop. Mapquest st. Leo dr. In olfallon, mo  63366 to help with directions or pm me and I can give you my phone number.   Dave

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2010, 03:10:00 PM »
OK, I got it cleared so I plan on being there.
God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Butch Speer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2010, 04:04:00 PM »
I'll be there. Someone has to keep a tight reign on Jerry & Mudd. One's difficult & two are going to be.......Crazy?
God Bless

Butch the Yard Gnome

67 Bear Kodiak Hunter 58" 48@28
73 Bear Grizzly 58" 47@ 28
74 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45@28
Shakespeare Necedah 58" 45@28

Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much.
- Erastus Wiman

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2010, 04:33:00 PM »
wow! I guess the gray buffalo has got some pull huh? I guess we are going to need something to keep jerry busy. Maybe a demonstration of a leather handle finish... If only there was a selfbow needing a leather handle. :-)

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2010, 11:55:00 PM »
Hey Dave Everything a go for the 17th

Offline loyd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2010, 06:37:00 AM »
youall have fun, keep an eye on butch. loyd

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©