Author Topic: Top Form Question  (Read 324 times)

Offline ChristopherO

• Trad Bowhunter
Top Form Question
« on: January 08, 2010, 08:32:00 AM »
As I get the time I've been putting together a recurve form.  The bottom portion of the form, the important one, is very clean and uniform.  The top form, though, is not exact due to some router issues.  It is close but there may be 1/8" varience here and there, especially near the tips where it is tighter on one side than the other.  Plus, some voids were created where the router plate loosened allowing the pattern bit to drop and dig. Is this such a big deal considering that the air hose will be filling in the gaps once inflated?
BTW, this is a 1 3/4" wide form, should I look for an inch and a half diameter hose or a 2" hose?  
As this is my first any advice is welcome.  Thanks.

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Top Form Question
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 10:08:00 AM »
I just cut my top part with a band saw and then sand down to the line with a 3 inch drum sander, its square with the sides but does have some small dips,the fire hose fills in the voids, the bottom I cut with a band saw and then screw on my  template and use my router with pattern bit,I did have a couple of small gouges that I had to bondo in to make bottom perfect, I then glued a .050 piece of black glass over the plywood, my bows are perfect off of the form . I have both 1 3/4 and 1 1/2 inch forms. I bought my fire hose and plugs from Binghams Projects. KennyM has a form build along on his web site.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©