Author Topic: Halibut Skinned Yew  (Read 1328 times)

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Halibut Skinned Yew
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2011, 09:11:00 PM »
I guess it was ok:)

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2011, 12:21:00 AM »
Hello Roy, you old Dog, LOL  How are you going?

Thank you!
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2011, 07:09:00 AM »
:)  Doing well Keenan, sweet bow my friend.

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2011, 01:19:00 PM »
He's lying Keenan, Roybert is just as honery as he ever was if not more so, but I guess you would call that normal for him? LOL

Those Halibut skins are cool man, you did a right fine job on that bow! They look like they have a greenish tint to them, do they look that way when they are caught and fresh or is it something to do with the finishing on a bow that gives them that color? I like it!

Closest thing we got to halibut around here would be grass carp and I've seen a few bows with those on the limbs and are actually quite cool.
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2011, 11:03:00 AM »
Semo; Thank you,  I think your right about OLD Roy,LOL  
 The skins are natural color, Yes they are a greenish tint but overall they don't have very much pattern. I think the grass carp slins are much better looking for pattern and color. If you know where I can get my hands on some grass carp skins I'd definitely bein for a trade of some sorts.  :bigsmyl:
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Offline swampmaster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2011, 12:56:00 PM »
beautiful bow

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2011, 01:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by Keenan:
Semo; Thank you,  I think your right about OLD Roy,LOL  
 The skins are natural color, Yes they are a greenish tint but overall they don't have very much pattern. I think the grass carp slins are much better looking for pattern and color. If you know where I can get my hands on some grass carp skins I'd definitely bein for a trade of some sorts.   :bigsmyl:  
My brother's next door neighbor has a pond that's over stocked with grass carp. I snagged one of them one time on purpose just to see if I could land it and it took me and my brother both to do it. I fought it till my arms hurt, then handed the rod over to him to finish bringing it in. I think it weighed somewhere around 35# or so?

If I happen to do that again I'll freeze one for ya.  :thumbsup:
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2011, 02:25:00 PM »
Yunzs boys hain't right:)

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2011, 07:42:00 PM »
Ya mean like in the head?  :knothead:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©