3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: riser design  (Read 205 times)

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
riser design
« on: February 10, 2008, 09:53:00 PM »
On a Moderate R/D Glass Laminated Longbow, what is the thinnest that the riser can be in the site window. The riser will be red elm? The limb and riser will be 1 1/2" at the widest point. I would like to try to make the bow center shot if possible.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Traditionalist have more fun!

Offline Adam Mooney

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: riser design
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 08:15:00 AM »
I would put a piece of glass in the riser as an accent stripe or even micarta this will allow you to have no worries of the riser cracking on you. You could go up to 1/8 past center on your site window cut. Bows Number 3-4 I built both went bad. I made a righty and a lefty bow the exact same and cut the window to thin and I DIDNT HAVE ANY INLAYS IN THE RISER. Well, lets just say I learned an expensive leson that week. YUCK..... Good luck
Adam

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 08:30:00 AM »
I've started making my risers wider than normal. Then I make sure that the limbs are flush with the side of the riser that is going to have the window cut out of. That leaves extra wood on the other side. I shape everything towards the cut side and it leaves the riser wider at the window that way. Looks like some of the compound risers if you get what I mean.
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 11:24:00 PM »
Thanks for the indo guys.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Traditionalist have more fun!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©