Author Topic: signing on  (Read 324 times)

Offline andy thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
signing on
« on: January 25, 2010, 01:06:00 AM »
hey guys been searching the site and have been amazed  at the bows you guys are biulding. i have been shooting a old ben pearson recurve and have been tossing around the idea of shooting a longbow. do you guys notice any difference in shooting the recurves vs. a longbow? probably going to start with a board bow and work my way up. hey thanks for all the info you guys are putting up on here.

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: signing on
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 04:58:00 AM »
Good to have another Buckeye along. To me the longbow is more forgiving of a shooter.
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline Mike Most

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 05:55:00 PM »
For me the recurve is faster and seems to be snappier if you will.

The longbow for me is the essence of pure archery, seems to be slower (to me anyway), but demands pure form on the part of the archer.

At the same time that demand is what brings me back to it time after time, in practice wanting of course perfection of execution.

Enjoy the ride

Mike
"It Shall be Life" (Ten Bears to Josie Wales)
------------------                Michael Most-Adkins Texas

Offline andy thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 08:33:00 PM »
thanks osagetree and mike. i also just ordered the directions and video from bingham's for the hi bread long bow. i am sure i will have lots of questions in the next couple months lol.

hey osagetree  O       H

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 10:33:00 PM »
All depends on what you want to shoot. I make BBO bows, not even close to center shot. More on the primitive side of Bows. They shoot ok, but if I pickup my old Bear Takedown, with the pistol grip handle and cut past center riser with the Berger Button. That bow shoots like a dream compared to the bows I make.

But I'd rather shoot a Bow I made myself. Knowing that it's not a 10 ring bow all the time. Maybe someday I'll make a center shot bow.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©