Author Topic: TG bow trade  (Read 11768 times)

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG bow trade
« Reply #240 on: May 08, 2010, 12:42:00 AM »
the brace pic shows the same slight hinge that you see. That is where everything else will come off and hopefully it will come out. I'm shooting for 45-55@28. It still need sanding and finish so it will be close!  
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #241 on: May 08, 2010, 08:36:00 AM »
Looks pretty good DVS, I do see what you mean about the tiller but I'm sure you'll get her lined out.
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline 4est trekker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #242 on: May 08, 2010, 12:24:00 PM »
Here's a couple more pics of my trade bow.  It's pulling about 5 pounds over the bottom weight the recipient listed on his original post.  I'd like for it to have about 4 or 5 more pounds  on it, but it's shooting very well, holding shape, and bending pretty well.  It's final sanded, but may need a little tiller touch up here and there so it.  After that, plus some settling in, it'll be right in his ballpark.  

I had to pike it 1.5" on each tip from the original pics.  It's setting at 67" ntn.  Just unstrung the tips show 1.5" of relfex.  At rest they show 2" of relfex.  Overall the bow took about 1.5" of set.

Here's the handle:

And a full draw pic.  The picture is askew.  It bends more in the fades than it appears.

"Walk softly...and carry a bent stick."

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God the Father through him."  Col. 3:17

Offline mater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #243 on: May 08, 2010, 12:37:00 PM »
Its bending very well, Id say.

Offline bjansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #244 on: May 08, 2010, 01:34:00 PM »
Excellent looking bow 4est!

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #245 on: May 08, 2010, 03:35:00 PM »
4est, You da man!
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder

Offline scottm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #246 on: May 08, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »
Looks good to me!

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #247 on: May 08, 2010, 10:31:00 PM »
Nice work, 4est.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #248 on: May 09, 2010, 11:24:00 PM »
missed the draw weight, so I'm either going to have to shorten the bow and hope I can pick up enough weight that way or start over
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #249 on: May 09, 2010, 11:44:00 PM »
What are the bow specs and weight now, NightHawk?
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline fish n chicks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #250 on: May 10, 2010, 01:38:00 AM »
Hey guys my bow came in the mail and I gotta tell you I couldn't be more freakin pleased. I'm gonna totally step my game up for the bow i'm gonna be shipping with Tradbower's help hopefully. Here's a couple teaser pics but the link is:

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=125;t=003376

Offline scottm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #251 on: May 10, 2010, 10:02:00 PM »

I came home today (after one of those days when you should have stayed in bed.You know when everthing seems to go wrong) and the wife said theres a package at the door.She said it was kined of heavy.I thought Hugh I havent ordered any thing.I looked at the package which was more like a small crate.I saw Jess sruart's name on it.I thought wonder what Jess sent me.Not even thinking it could be a bow due to Jess being the person that I built the bow for in the trade.So I started removing the screws to open it.I could not believe my eyes!It was a beautiful take down long bow!Aparently Jess had drawn My name in the bow trade!(no wonder he asked me so many questions about what I like to shoot when he called me to tell me he had recieved his osage bow.I never had a clue)Boy was it my lucky day after all!It is beautiful!It makes My humble osage self bow I had sent him a while back look like something youd start a fire with!LOL!I could not believe my eyes!I still cant get over it.I immidiatly took it to my Dads house for him to try it out.It shoots as good as it looks!Fast and flat!The grip is perfect.Im almost in shock I just cant believe what jess built for me.I dont know what else to say.Other than thank you Jess I will forever charish this bow

Offline scottm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #252 on: May 10, 2010, 10:08:00 PM »
Ill try to get better pics outside when the weather breaks.Jess says the riser is Honduras rose wood and yellow heart.The lams are action boo with black glass.Beautiful!Im still in shock!

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #253 on: May 11, 2010, 08:15:00 AM »
Good looking bow! BW doesn't have a thing on this one from what I see.

Congratulations on your new custom bow!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline weezy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #254 on: May 11, 2010, 10:01:00 AM »
The bow Jess Stuart built for Scott M. is as well made as most custom bows I have seen. Jess; you've got some real talent and I was the test monkey. It does shoot as well as it looks. Very smooth to draw and hold with no noticeable hand shock. Great job and very generous of you. I would be proud to own a bow you made.
Bob
TRADITIONAL ARCHERY
It's been in my blood for 40 plus  years.
It's priceless!

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #255 on: May 11, 2010, 12:50:00 PM »
Glad to be hearing good reports on the out come of the trade.

I'm switching things up a little on my trade bow and going with a boo backed Jatoba with black palm accents. After working on some osage bows which I am not giving up on I think I will be able to get a better performing bow at this point in my experience by doing this.
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #256 on: May 11, 2010, 02:46:00 PM »
I have mine at low brace now. Still tweaking it to eliminate some of the prop twist and line up the string.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #257 on: May 12, 2010, 05:59:00 PM »
I have started final sanding and finishing touches. I still need to put on the handle leather. It took about an onch and a half of set. It shoots pretty well. I put about 100 shots @ 26 and about fifty @ 27 and only about thirty @28. I always like to shoot at least 100 shots before I put the finish on em. I will post final pics in a week or so before I ship.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline Bert Frelink

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #258 on: May 12, 2010, 06:46:00 PM »
Hello gang,
well..... I shipped today, the UPS people guarantee delivery by the 21 of this month, the ponies must be tired  :scared:    :scared:  
It's packed pretty well so keep your fingers crossed.
Regards.
Bert.

Offline kodiakkid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #259 on: May 13, 2010, 11:33:00 PM »
Here's try # 2. 63" tip to tip. Not sure yet but I may flip the tips a bit.
 My first trade bow developed a crack running with the limb about 2" long and about 1 1/2 out of the fade. Been shootin it with no problems but couldn't send it out that way.

Got it to 55# @ 26"  shootin for 55 @ 28" should be pretty close after shootin her in and final sanding

Shot it about 30 times this evening. Has a little bit of handshock but maybe I'll lose some of it after I narrow the tips. They are still about 5/8"

Always strive to do the right thing. Don't beat yourself down when you mess up. Ask for forgivness and keep on keeping on.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©