Author Topic: Homebrew air filtration system  (Read 377 times)

Offline Flinttim

• Trad Bowhunter
Homebrew air filtration system
« on: February 23, 2010, 05:37:00 PM »
Been some questions here about air filtering in the workshop. Thought I'd maybe help some by showing a system I built some years back.  

The pics should self explanatory. It uses a squirrel cage blower (free from my neighbor) and filters from Home Depot. I use a standard furnace filter first and the the Micron filters behind it. Saves some bucks on filters.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline bjansen

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Homebrew air filtration system
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 06:11:00 PM »
Very nice!

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 06:31:00 PM »
Very nice. When you stop to think about it, all an air filter contains is a blower unit with a motor to power it, and filters. You did very well, thanks for sharing.

Offline Flinttim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 07:58:00 PM »
The unit is mounted on the ceiling near my sander and bandsaw. When I'm hand sanding a bow with really fine paper you can actually see the dust being drawn up to the unit.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline 44charlie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 11:00:00 AM »
does anyone know how far a shop vac can pull dust thru a standard size hose? i was thinking of extending the reach of my shop vac by using 1.5" pvc pipe, say 20' worth. forgot my physics.

thanks guys

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©