Author Topic: Anybody ever get the stack backwards?  (Read 232 times)

Offline kiltedcelt

• Trad Bowhunter
Anybody ever get the stack backwards?
« on: March 09, 2010, 08:49:00 PM »
You do a dry run, lay everything out, and still get it backwards. Or at least I did. I just put a bow in heat box and I screwed up and got two lams in the belly and only one on the back. I thought about trying to take the inner tubes off and switch the lams around but figured since its Smooth-On it was probably already beginning to set up and trying to take apart the bow and put it back together was likely to just mess things up worse. What's the worst thing that can happen? I figure if it makes a difference at all it would be that maybe the bow will want to hinge coming off the fades, but then again maybe it won't make any difference at all? The bow is going to be a Turkish/Mongol/Scythian-style recurve using the form I posted a question about in this thread a few weeks back:

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=125;t=002830;p=1#000000

Anyway, it's in the oven now so it's too late to do anything about it. I'm just wondering what to expect.

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anybody ever get the stack backwards?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 09:31:00 PM »
I doubt you can tell the difference.  Should be fine.
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Offline bjansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 10:06:00 PM »
I agree, Ive done it both ways and never really noticed any difference (although I wasn't looking either I suppose).  I think it wil be fine and you'll be able to work it out one way or the other.

Offline sw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 11:14:00 PM »
I've experimented with our scythians like this and never could tell any difference. Tillered out just like anything else. You should be just fine.

dave

Offline kiltedcelt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 12:32:00 AM »
Well, as everybody said, it didn't seem to make any difference. I'll try to get some photos of the bow posted in the next couple days or so. It came out pretty well, especially since it's my first try with this form and the first glass bow I've made in a couple years.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©