Author Topic: Sander Project (Done)  (Read 353 times)

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Sander Project (Done)
« on: March 20, 2010, 08:24:00 PM »
Here are a few pictures of the sander I've been working on. I scored on the 24" drum but had most of the parts done on the original one so I'm going to finish it to see what kind of bugs I run into. Hopefully that will make things go easier on the big one. So this has a 6" wide table and drum, hand crank feed table, and will be powered by my table saw. Still have the table height adjustment parts to make and install. Looking good so far.

But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Online jess stuart

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sander Project (Done)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 09:51:00 PM »
Dang Benbow that looks awesome.  I made a lam. grinder from my 6x48 sander, and would love the crank handle feed table.  That should get the job done.

Offline Jered Shofner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 10:32:00 PM »
Yours like similar to the plans I saw in a magazine a couple years ago.  Using the table sawn for power is a great idea.

Offline woodsman1031

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 10:41:00 AM »
WOW! that is really nice.
Jesus Saves!

Offline scottm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 05:09:00 PM »
Looking Good!Cant wait to see it in action!

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 05:31:00 PM »
I've added the height adjustment parts. The curved wood blocks are pulled together with 3/8" ready-bolt which raises or lowers the table. Now just have to finish the drum and dust shield. Working between honey-dos so taking a while.
The two blocks.

But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline walkabout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 05:40:00 PM »
awesome looking good. should work out well for ya.
Richard

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 09:17:00 PM »
Well it works. I ran my tapered powerlam sled through and the result was both sides were the same thickness. Now I need to build a dust shield/collector and I'll have to get to work building bows again.

Here's a closeup of the height adjustment which is working great.

Offline walkabout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 11:59:00 PM »
glad it works for ya, always great when a project comes together. especially when it saves spending alot of money on machinery and saves time.
Richard

Offline Aeronut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 11:30:00 AM »
Looks good.   :thumbsup:

Offline fish n chicks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 01:58:00 PM »
Let's get some action pics. That looks like a job well done dude.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 08:48:00 PM »
Finally had time to finish this sander. The dust collector isn't much but it works. I had a piece of white oak that I was running through on my wedge sled that came out at .3435 on one side and .344 on the other. Should work out ok for wedges. This was a good test run to find areas to do better when I get to building the 22" one. It will have a much longer table for stability. Overall I'm happy with the way this turned out. Plans Now where I got the plans that I modified to build this one has some good stuff on it.
Dust collector with plexiglass.

Video

Offline walkabout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 09:34:00 PM »
awesom finished project, something most of us would be able to do with stuff we already have. congrats on the good results.
Richard

Offline Moen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 03:18:00 AM »
Cool! Congrats:)
Never believe that you are worthless .... you can always be used as a bad example!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©