Author Topic: These guys go the extra mile  (Read 489 times)

Offline Mike Mecredy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
These guys go the extra mile
« on: April 08, 2010, 10:42:00 AM »
A few small businesses stand out in my mind when it comes to buying supplies for bow building and I thought I'd share.  

Kenny McKenzie, "Kenny's Kustom Archery"  has always put customers first and delivered a quality product in a time frame that really defeats logic.  It leaves me asking; "how'd he get this made and delivered so fast"?  

River Ridge products  www.rrpwhite.com  , this where I get the vast majority of my diamond wood from.  His name fails me presently but this guy goes all out of his way to get orders out quick, sends a little extra at times, and charge's an honest shipping charge that matches the sticker on the box.  

Wood Workers Source.  www.woodworkerssource.com  , where I get a good bit of hardwoods mostly exotic.  They have monthly specials and somtimes seem to give stuff away at the price/ bf they charge.  You also get a humorous e-mail at the time the order is placed and when they ship it.

Sagittarius Archery,   www.sagarchery.com  , small business I get my full length feathers from, beats them all in price, quality, and service.  The last time I ordered I got 100 count packs of full length for $25 each.  No minimum amount fee like gateway charges either.  Just hardcore good customer service.  

Others to mention, Binghams projects, 3-rivers, Smooth-on, harbour frieght tools and smooth-on.  

I went to the companys that makes diamond wood, and those that made PDF arrow points, and gordon composites that makes fiberglass, and they all had that big business, "I don't need you" attitude.  So no matter how much I grow, I'll still keep buying from those that got me there.
TGMM Family of the bow
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Offline ChristopherO

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: These guys go the extra mile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 12:47:00 PM »
Great post and I must agree, Mike.
I made my order with Kenny M last week Tuesday or Wednesday.  He told me he would work on my order on Friday.  I got a call from my wife on Saturday saying a box had arrived from Mr. McKinzie, already.  Excellent service and turn around time.
Kenny, I hope my check has made it to you by now, too.  Look forward to conducting more business with you in the future.

Offline Swissbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 01:38:00 PM »
I absolutely agree with you. Kenny is the man when it comes to bow lams. Can you believe it, it's cheaper for me to buy from Kenny than anywhere else in Europe. And the quality of his work is unmatched. Kenny M for president...d;-)

----------
Andy

Offline T Folts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »
Not to step on Kenny I havent used him but another source is Chuck at two tracks he has help me out a bunch. I've got two bows worth of lams from him and am really happy.
US ARMY 1984-1988

Offline bjansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 06:58:00 PM »
Great post Mike...and I hear you on the big dealers not wanting to deal with our nickel and dime orders.

I second Kennys excellent service and I am really impressed with the packaging of his products and charging actual, fair priced shipping.  Hes a model business man.

Offline Michael M

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 04:06:00 PM »
Ill jump on the Kenny Bandwagon. Built two bows with his lams and glass. Quality product and excellent shipping times. I guess he understands how impatient we can be when we are excited about building a bow.

Offline metsastaja

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 05:48:00 PM »
:thumbsup:     :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  for KennyM  I just received some bows with his lams and boy o boy.  Waiting on another one with his cedar ones..
Les Heilakka
TGMM Family of the Bow  
Some times the uneventful nights are just as good if not better than the eventful ones

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©