Author Topic: Tiller  (Read 259 times)

Offline Ground Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Tiller
« on: May 05, 2010, 08:15:00 PM »
Will changing a straight grip Hill bow to a locator grip change the tiller of the bow???  Thanks  H

Online jess stuart

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tiller
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 08:30:00 PM »
I wouldn't think that it would, you will be reshaping the grip, shouldn't weaken or strengthen the limbs.  That would be static tiller (tiller at brace) for lack of better name.  When you draw the bow the new grip will possibly change the push or pressure point on the bow somewhat.  I really don't think it would be detrimental.  Someone else may have a different view.

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tiller
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 10:40:00 PM »
Shouldn't bother it.  I've shifted the tiller on my Hills a number of times as I went from shooting split to three under, two under and back and forth.  Just changes the nock point on the string a bit.  Doesn't seem to affect the overall shooting.  I sold one that the guy put a raised rest on, still shot fine once we nocked it right.  I can't see that that small a change in the grip would be critical.  Personally, I keep everything straight gripped for the last couple of years, just seems more natural.
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©