Author Topic: Tradbow came in... absolute awesome-ness  (Read 365 times)

Offline fish n chicks

• Trad Bowhunter
Tradbow came in... absolute awesome-ness
« on: May 10, 2010, 01:10:00 AM »
As the material to my own tradbow lays on my bench waiting for it's own destiny, I was pleasantaly surprised a rug tube on my doorstep containing my tradbow. Tradbower sent me what has to be one of the most beautiful pieces of home-made work I couldn't have imagined up myself. I guess that's why this was such a brilliant idea. Sticks (Kris) your work on this is seriously invaluable and this is why: Education. It's seriously that simple. Thank you for that.

Gerace, I don't know how to freakin thank you. I feel like I need to send you my first born or something. But, THANK YOU. Sincerely, I appreciate the work you put into that bow, and it shows. I hope i'm not overstepping but I have some quesions about your work too. Those will have to come later cause I know too much babble can be... ok here are the pics:

Offline fish n chicks

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tradbow came in... absolute awesome-ness
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 01:13:00 AM »

I have to appologize about the tiller pic... should've chosen a beeter background. Hey i'm not a professional photographer i'm a bowyer!

Offline fish n chicks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 01:34:00 AM »
i'm hoping the pics can somewhat describe why I'm so excited about this bow. I'm hoping to be able to pay forward the time and care put into this bow into my own bow. But, in order to that, I have some questions i'm hoping you can answer Gerace...

1st, Do you use a form for a bow like this, and if so, do you use an air hose? I ask cause I see the gorgeous bamboo back, and I'm not sure how i'd ever be able to pull that off with clamps.

2nd, What is your glue of choice? I can't get over the awesome glue lines. Btw, your lams and fades are sweet too! I have no idea how you pull off those tips but I love em. I'm definitely gonna steal that from you.

3rd, How do you finish your bows? I love the finish you chose, and i'm wondering if it's just a wipe-on poly, spray-on something, brush on, or something more... complicated?

4th, you have a pinhole at the upper tip, and I was wondering if that was for a string keeper? Keep in mind, i'm about 5 months old in the bowyery world, so I have no idea. If it is, is it a keeper I can make myself, or do I buy em, is ther a build a long I can check out?

Speaking of, do you make your own flemish strings? Or is that a bought one? Cause, again, I gotta step my game up to get to a standard like that.

Now, this one is me just being curious, but the materials you chose... are they Bamboo, yellowheart, maple, red oak, and cherry? That one really has me wondering the most, they just look so great together.

Truthfully, a step by step instructional is in full order wouldn't you say guys!? lol.

Gerace, thanks again, and i'm hoping to teach thi thing to hate anything it lines up with. Hopefully i'm not beong too nosey and asking you to relinquish your trade secrets. But if I am i'll take an email!!   :D

Offline walkabout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 01:59:00 AM »
very nice looking bow. im sure the hole is for a string keeper, theres really no other logical reason for it.lol.type"string keeper" into the search and itll bring up a few good posts with pics of some.
Richard

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 10:12:00 AM »
Glad you got your bow fish and glad to be a part of what I'm sure will become a long time tradition here at the Gang.
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline fish n chicks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 11:35:00 AM »
Originally posted by Stiks-n-Strings:
Glad you got your bow fish and glad to be a part of what I'm sure will become a long time tradition here at the Gang.
I'm certainly hoping it does. This is an incredible opportunity for many of us to advance that learning curve very rapidly.

Offline tradbower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 04:10:00 PM »
Jon
  Thank You for the compliments on the bow. Iam glad you like it. I sent a pm trying to answer your questions. I think I have answered all but if you have more just ask because there is a mountain of experience here on TG that is willing to help .
                 Trad
"Never to old to learn something new"

Offline fish n chicks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 11:18:00 AM »
Pete, thank you for replying with the answers to my questions. And I don't think it's possible to thank you enough for the bad-ass bow you sent me. She shoots like a champ! I wanna get a case for her and her friends now. I went from 0 traditional bows in january, to 4 now with 2 on the bench!! What have you guys done to me!?!? lol

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©