Author Topic: "Le Chasseur Noire"  (Read 792 times)

Offline Paul WA

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: "Le Chasseur Noire"
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 01:05:00 PM »
Dick, you do good work for an "Old Phart"...Paul
"I'm a trophy hunter till something else comes along"

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2010, 03:44:00 PM »
Dick,

I have been shooting the bow and love it.  The problem I am having is that so does Tricia.  She shot her best group ever with it last weekend.  She is starting to become possessive over this one.  ;0)

I plan to hunt deer with the bow this year, if Tricia doesn't confiscate it first. I have been giving the bow a thorough shooting on a regular basis.  I love the look of the black glass though it is a bit shiny for my tastes.  I picked up a long diamonback rattlesnake skin and I am looking at backing the bow to give her a natural camoflauge look. I plan to leave the front of the bow as black glass.  

I have your knife forged to shape and the handle roughed out as well. So the payment for the bow is moving right along.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2010, 10:09:00 PM »
Clay...   the finish on the bow is four coats of TruOil.   If you sand it lightly with fine paper, 300 or 400, you should be able to adhere the skin, or paint it or whatever.  I hate the thought, but it's your bow.  What about coating the back with some wax or light grease and dusting it?  It would wipe off after hunting.  As you can see, I don't know a lot about camouflage.  Or you could wear dark glasses so you don't see the deer seeing the glare...   or just give it to Tricia, although I thought she wanted that cedar one  8^)
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©