Author Topic: Tiller help  (Read 276 times)

Offline Bobert

• Trad Bowhunter
Tiller help
« on: May 30, 2010, 10:58:00 AM »
This is the point I have problems with a tiller 18 inches and on to finish.There is a pic of the bow unstrung and one of it pulled to 18 inches at a full brace.Any help is greatly appreciated?Oh the bow is a tri lam hickory backing white oak core and a black cherry belly.

Offline walkabout

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tiller help
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 11:37:00 AM »
right limb is a little stiffer than the left, it also looks like theres a stiff spot about 6 inches from the right fade
Richard

Offline Rain Man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 07:09:00 PM »
Both tips are at the same row of dots, so if that board is straight, they have the load shared equally.  IMO, its looking good.

Offline Bobert

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 07:43:00 PM »
Thanks for the input.I did a little work on the right limb.It is a tri lam so there wasnt alot of tillering to do but I always get worryed when it gets to the last few inches.I have it pulling to 28 now and its not a great tiller but it shoots.Im still learning and am new to building bows have only made a few that work but have a fire pile full of bad ones as you can see above the bow on the tree.thanks to this site and the great post here I think maybe one day I will make a bow that is great or I hope to.

Offline walkabout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 08:31:00 PM »
good point rainman, they are on the same row. my astigmatism sometimes gives me optical illusions with patterned backgrounds.bobert if its pulling to 28 safely then the only real thing you can do is to finish, unless you want to be super critical and find minute stiff spots, in which case a tillering gizmo would help, but you may lose some weight and have to catch up the limbs pulling evenly. if youre satisfied then fiinish it and shoot it, use what you learner for your next one.
Richard

Offline George Tsoukalas

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 09:02:00 PM »
Looks good. I like the tiller Jawge

Offline bigcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 09:07:00 PM »
My inlaws are in machapongo. Hungers creek.  Small world.

Offline Bobert

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 10:09:00 PM »
I work on the north side of the creek .

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©