3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrow ????  (Read 165 times)

Offline Hoffman

• Trad Bowhunter
Arrow ????
« on: February 12, 2008, 05:48:00 PM »
Hello,

Thanks for the great site and all the people with so much knowledge. With that being said, i have Gold Tip 55/70 29" long. I shoot a 48@27 Hickory backed hickory Selfbow. The selfbow has a glued on riser block and has a arrow shelf cut into it. My ?? is will these arrows work out of this bow? If so about what weight tip should i shoot. I have shot 125's out of it and it seems to fly good. I just got into making bows so i am a rookie at this stuff. Please any help would be appreciated. Oh, a fine fellow tradganger gave me these arrows, so i hope they will work.

Chad
For GOD so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. JOHN 3:16

Offline JoeM

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrow ????
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 06:17:00 PM »
5575? They might be a bit stiff out of that set up.  Only way to find out is to shoot them, Try a paper tune and bareshaft.  Good luck Joe
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm."  Teddy Roosevelt

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrow ????
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 06:25:00 PM »
That arrow will most likely be alittle stiff for a 48#@27 selfbow.How far is the arrow shelf cut?The arrow basically has to flex around the bow.There are alot of variables but you can try the GT 55/75.I would start out trying a 200 gr. point.A full length 35/55 may be a better choice.On selfbows I've had I went with a lighter spined arrow compared to my glass bows.I shoot a 29" GT 55/75 with 225 grs.upfront and weight tubes out of a 68#@27 longbow.Those arrows will most likely to be alittle stiff.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©