3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: White Feathers  (Read 695 times)

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: White Feathers
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2008, 06:37:00 PM »
I think Mark Baker had the best answer.MY 2 cents.

Offline jrchambers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2008, 07:04:00 PM »
if you are getting busted, maybe you could have changed your aproach to the shot or maybe you couldnt and have been busted anyway,  some one is going to have to test the colors on all game, i dont know how you would go about it but i would find it interesting,
     Personaly i love all white and wraps on black bears in low light,  nothing like seeing white disapear in black.  I dont know about deer but i hut blacktails in the snow and you can see your hit but not your miss and finding it sucks if you miss,  I think pink would be great for snow hunting,  dark probably the worst.  Im shure moving white does stand out in a dark background.  just have to decide on what is aceptable and find a happy medium.

Offline Boneyard Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2008, 07:28:00 PM »
White is a natural color in the woods. rabbits, squirrels, deer, birds, mushrooms and trees all have white so why would white spook deer.
The size of the horns don,t matter
as long as it has a good tale.

Offline 58WINTERS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2008, 07:43:00 PM »
White and chartruese feathers glow like a beacon under a blacklight. I understand that this is due to the UV and that animals are sensitive to it or see it readily. I have used both for the last few years. I checked mine with a black light after reading a post by Ron Laclair about "glowing feathers" a few months ago and they do indeed look like a neon sign. I'm going to use a fletch cover next year just in case.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©