3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Economical Foam for fixing target?  (Read 629 times)

Offline Dave Worden

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Economical Foam for fixing target?
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2008, 07:20:00 PM »
With the 3-D Country foam, I just spray paint after repairing and blend colors so the patch disappears.  The one thing I can't hide, however, is the lack of holes in a newly repaired target.  BTW I think this foam is better than that in the Rineharts.  It seems to self-heal better.
"If I was afraid of a challenge, I'd put sights on my bow!"

Offline Stringdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2008, 07:55:00 PM »
I repair my 3-D targets by stuffing the hole with those free plastic bags you end up with after shopping, and then wrapping the body with a piece of burlap, and tacking it along the spine of the animal.  Very easy, cheap, and lasts a long time, and easy to do again, and again.
" FEAR THE MAN WITH ONE BOW "

Offline choochoou

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2012, 08:15:00 AM »
thanks for all the info guys as usual I knew exactly where to look for good infomation.I just got back from Denton Hill with a small herd of critters to add to my collection. so off to home depo I go.  :archer2:
It's all fun and games, until someone gets hurt...then its hilarious!

Offline Bldtrailer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2012, 12:32:00 PM »
I use spray foam BUT first I cut out the damaged part   and put in a plug of denser foam board(I use kids boogie boards, bought 2nd hand , eatha foam not the white foam) then I spray the can foam in shape with a bread knife and paint. If you just use spray foam you'll blow through it pretty fast.
As we get older our bow weight goes down and our body weight goes up, One of Lifes little jokes.
Bringing Archery to
 Wounded Warriors

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2012, 05:02:00 PM »
Ernie and others listen to me seriously!

Go to either Wal-marty or Target and look in the sporting goods "Yoga crap stuff" and look for a blue or pinkish color set of Yoga Blocks...they are about 4" thick x 6" wide x 91/2" long and you get two blocks for about $12.00 and change...It feels exactly like rineheart material and you have my word on it...If you want to order this stuff just google Yoga block and look for the cheapest you can buy...It works just as good for the quiver hoods and doing a search you can find colors like black,olive green and browns and tans to match your 3'd animals vital areas that are shot out...Buy a tube of plumbers goop cause it's waterproof and can get at lowes, walmart and hardware stores..Use the goop to hold it in place'''Just saw out the bad area any way you can and put the whole block in and you have a new target...Seach this stuff fella's and it comes in a Big block also...The big one measures 61/2"x91/4"x 131/2" and cost's about $26.99 and you can make a big block target with it...P.m me and I can tell ya a website selling them for $5.75 for the smaller blocks...
                       Keefers <><

Offline stykbow67

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2012, 05:05:00 PM »
x2 on Bldtrailer's idea, I''ve done this several times myself and it works great.

Steve

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2012, 05:50:00 AM »
t.t.t. for Hornseeker,
 Ernie if you ever get to a Wal-Mart just look for the Yoga block and forgot to mention in my previous thread some are puple in color there but squeeze this block and tell me if it doesn't feel just as dense as a 18-1 rineheart target...Somewhere back in Jan. I posted about this find and a few fella's went out and found some and agreed it can be used both as a quiver hood replacement and to replace that main vital area in and 3-D target and the stuff is Cheap...

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2012, 08:06:00 PM »
This may sound weird to you bro, but I've used silicone right out of a calking tube before with pretty impressive results.

I'm going to look into this "Yoga block" material for large repairs though.  thanks Keefer!

Kirk

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2012, 08:25:00 PM »
Kirk,
 You will be so amazed with it and personally I see many other use's ...Search Yoga blocks for the best prices and color choice's...I'm just thinking many archery clubs can savage most thier 3-D targets and get quite a bit more years from using a block...Just take a rasp or drywall rasp and shape the stuff to fit and a bandsaw will help in cutting your new hood foam then use the bench sander to clean it up...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©